Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bike engine saxo
oadamo

posted on 19/3/07 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
bike engine saxo

hi ive just boyght a saxo off a mate that was gonna rwd it but gave up ive give him 300 for it its R reg alloys so iam thinking bike engine in the front cut a tunnel and fit a sierra diff at the back but does anyone no what the best setup would be for the back the floor is flat as the spare wheel is bolted under the car
ill post some pics this week when i start cutting it up adam

dilley

posted on 19/3/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
put the engine in the back not the front!!speak to z cars.
oadamo

posted on 19/3/07 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
ive tought about that but i dont want the engine in the car with me smelling of petrol and deafing me lol
jacko

posted on 19/3/07 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Adam i beleve one of the first mini bike engine cars z cars made had the engine in the front with a sierra diff at the back . it has perfect balance . front- rear try a u2u to richard r1 on this forum he dose the navigating on rallys in it
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevebubs

posted on 19/3/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by oadamo
ive tought about that but i dont want the engine in the car with me smelling of petrol and deafing me lol

Then add a bulkhead and sound deadening...

Coose

posted on 19/3/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Here, have some of these: -

Spin 'er off Well...

oadamo

posted on 19/3/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
i cant see you point of putting it in the back ................ cus if i do ill have to panel it in ...............then put 4ft pipes to the rad at the front..........make a chain diff.........and ill prob still get deafned.............and i might as well use the big hole in the front pmsl then i can put the tank in the boot ...........................................adam
oadamo

posted on 19/3/07 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Coose
Here, have some of these: -

bike_power

posted on 20/3/07 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
I'd be tempted to install a V6 engine and box from a fwd car into the rear of the saxo. Cavalier 2.5 V6 will make 180bhp with a few minor mods and new exhaust and plenty of torque
zxrlocost

posted on 20/3/07 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
sorry to dissapoint you mate but remember the task you are taking on is massive so:

1.I hope you are an engineer

2.the only engine for the saxo is a hayabusa. the car stripped out still weighs 600kg.

but if you think you can do it go for it

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

TimC

posted on 20/3/07 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
There's a guy with a Fireblade in a 205 in the Cardiff area which is front-engined RWD.

Try googling for it and trike - they guy who built it makes his money buidling trikes. It's very nicely engineered but very heavy for the blade.

COREdevelopments

posted on 20/3/07 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
saxo is quite a heavy car to start with. i would use a mini, but thats because i love the old minis. for a cheap light car i would ude an ax. very light car. but seeing as you had the car for cheap may aswell have a bash with that.

atb

James

posted on 20/3/07 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Why on earth would you want to use a Saxo and look like the rest of the boy racer chav scum in this country who drive them?

[Edited on 20/3/07 by James]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

smart51

posted on 20/3/07 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by COREdevelopments
saxo is quite a heavy car to start with

The basic saxo is a shade over 800kg, which makes it quite light for a production car - its about the same weight as a smart. The Citroen AX 1.0i weighed 690kg, the same as an elise, but only because it was made of very thin steel. They have the same crash worthiness as any other car designed in the 80s. Probably no worse than an old mini though.

COREdevelopments

posted on 20/3/07 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
vtr weigh about 920, so not that light for such a small car. gotta agree with james on the boy racer bit,

oadamo

posted on 20/3/07 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
i only bought it because its the vts model.r reg £300 full mot alloys airfilter fse powerboost valve sports exhaust
i tought i could sell waht was on it and i would prob make the 300 quid back and if iam gonna take it to the track i doesnt matter if i bend it cus its only £300. and the car looks standard on the outside apert from the alloys and exhaust.
but in other words i can kill the s*** out of it and not worry
adam

ChrisGamlin

posted on 20/3/07 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
The problem is you'll kill the sh** out of the engine/gearbox/clutch if you put most bike engines in with it weighing over 550-600kgs unladen, and it won't even be particularly quick unfortunately.

JoelP

posted on 20/3/07 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
my little ax will get bec'd one day. It wouldnt be that fast, but doubling the power has to help! I reckon you would lose 50kgs swapping the 1 litre car engine for a litre of ally block bike engine.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.