Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Duratec twin turbo
goodall

posted on 22/3/07 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Duratec twin turbo

how much power would that give and how hard would the air inlet system be to make?
NS Dev

posted on 22/3/07 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
eh and why???????

Do you mean v6 or 4 cyl?

On a 4 cyl....pointless

On the v6, great, look at noble, 400hp ish but expect the work to get the engine suited for the turbos to cost a lot more than the base engine, it won't be bolt-on!!!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

SaveTheDodo

posted on 22/3/07 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Why bother??

Andrew

takumi

posted on 22/3/07 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
Why not just use the
Mazda 2.3L Turbo engine to start with as its the same as a Duratec - ford rebadge it..

RobinHood 2B 2.0i pinto, Keihin 38mm Carbs, lightened flywheel, O'Mori remote filter kit, 10 row oil cooler. Modified head, 10.2cr, special valves FR22 cam, 4- 1 header.

SaveTheDodo

posted on 22/3/07 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
He beat me to it....

Remember a Duratec I4s internals are stripped down so much they may all need to be replaced.

Regarding the V6 as that is presumably what you meant, ISTR Nobles now use a different V6 more similar to the S-Type Jag spec not the Mondeo type Duratec V6.

Andrew

goodall

posted on 22/3/07 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
the V6 i ment sorry, how much would it all cost to do? just to small turbos noting big
ned

posted on 22/3/07 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
FWIW you don't have to use turbo's, mountune are getting over 400bhp from a 3ltr jag v6 which is a derivative of the mazda/ford unit

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AlphaX

posted on 22/3/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ford US got one in a customized production car (dunno which one) and they proudly said they can push 350 out of it. Not much really
goodall

posted on 22/3/07 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
well id only be wanting 300 at the most probably, otherwise ill have to find a new gearbox because i already have a audi 016 out of a 100
mazmm5

posted on 23/3/07 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Does it have to be Ford?

The Nissan VG30DETT found in the 1990+ 300ZX twin turbo will meet your requirements in stock trim. 400bhp is easily had with a few basic add-ons. Stock motor can handle 600bhp before pistons need upgrading.
goodall

posted on 23/3/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
nah the engine can be anything really as long as its power full (350bhp at the most), kind a short and plenty full in supply ie not making it too expensive
AlphaX

posted on 24/3/07 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
that nissan engine isnt very expensive anymore, and its darn good an engine! what about a audi V6 bi-turbo? RS4 spec engine does 385bhp on standard ecu. or the S4 spec does 260 on a standard ecu. Put a stand alone on it and you can get that 350bhp. And those engine are widely available too. had both of them lying around three weeks ago.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.