Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: women and cars, true story no. 8501
02GF74

posted on 25/3/07 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
women and cars, true story no. 8501

A friend oif mine, a woman, has a nissan xtrail. I don't know where she thinks the fluid for windscreen washers comes from but on at least 2 occassions now I had to top it for her.
I pointed out the washer icon on the cap as I filled it up with water/washing up mix. I then checked the oil level - a touch over ... which surprised me as I didn't expect her to top it up. (all other times it eas low or off the dispstick).

She explains she had done it and put in oil as the guage inside was reading half full. ..... hmmm this guage turned out to be the water temperature guage!!

Peteff

posted on 25/3/07 at 06:18 PM Reply With Quote
And when it sells

they will put "One lady owner" in the advert, as if that's a good thing A few years ago my sister was looking for cars and we saw one she fancied, one lady owner as stated above. I asked to look under the bonnet and found the lever to open it. It was seized solid. We went home then.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

NigeEss

posted on 25/3/07 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
They are quite remarkable creatures indeed.

I was half way through a cambelt change when it started to rain and decided to retire to the garage to finish.
So asked the other half to steer whilst I push (disconnected the battery just in case SWMBO tries to start it).
Now bearing in mind I have a steep drive so used the Landy to push it, of we go.

Couple of feet and there's rather a lot of resistance. Hops out to make sure she's not on the brakes to find
she'd put the thing in gear

Only because I'd left a spanner on the crank which hit the subframe did I avoid disaster.

Women. Gotta love'em.

oily85

posted on 25/3/07 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
My aunt once put oil in the header tank, as she couldn't get the oil filler cap off, and reasoned that as it was under the bonnet, the oil would get to the engine.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wheelfelloff

posted on 25/3/07 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
A friend and I were out tearing about in his old ford before he went off to see his girlfriend. Events were stopped by horrible knocking sounds from bottom end of the engine and zero oil pressure. Not too bad thought my friend I will ring girlfriend to explain and then spend the night drinking beer.

Rang girlfriend and explained "big ends have gone", needs engine out taken to local engineers for machining and then completely rebuilt new shells, rings etc. etc

Girlfriends reply, OK then but don't be later than 8 o'clock we got to take my mum to bingo

Much beer and laughter followed.

Regards

Keith

blakep82

posted on 25/3/07 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
what does SWMBO mean? I know its the wife/girlfriend/missus, but what does it stand for?

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Hellfire

posted on 25/3/07 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
She who must be obeyed.

RazMan

posted on 25/3/07 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
She Who Must Be Obeyed

There's always the story about the woman who asked for some '710' from a bemused garage attendant. Her oil cap was apparently on upside down ........... awww bless

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Chippy

posted on 25/3/07 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Some years ago my SWMBO backed her car out of the garage drive, straight into the side of my motor, which was parked over the end of the drive. Turned out to be a write of, and Oh! boy did that take some explaining to the claims adjuster. Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

G.Man

posted on 26/3/07 at 04:14 AM Reply With Quote
You should never use washing up liquid in washer jets...

It gums up the jets and then they stop working altogether...

Use proper washer fluid, she will thank you in the long run...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

turbodisplay

posted on 26/3/07 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
I remember when i first went out with my SWMBO and her friend.
Afterwards i went to my car, and they went to the friends car. Got a call that the car wouln`t start, came over turned the key, engine started.

"How did you do that!" they said. "ER i didn't do anything!"

It was the ignition lock!
she had it for a year without ever realising you have to release pressure on the lock by a light twist of the steering wheel!

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
DarrenW

posted on 26/3/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
A few years back my wife went to work, only a few miles. When she got there she mentioned that the car sounded a little rattly and that a gauge was low. The lads were quizzing her about the gauge. She told them it had a little can and the letters psi on it. One of them quick as a flash told her it was an oil gauge and the letters mean Put Some In.

iank

posted on 26/3/07 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

It also has quite a bit of salt in it...

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

02GF74

posted on 26/3/07 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:

How much salt will there be in 1 teaspoon? And when that is diluted in 1 litre of water, is that going to make that much of a difference?

Anyway, the rain will wash it off soon enough.

iank

posted on 26/3/07 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:

How much salt will there be in 1 teaspoon? And when that is diluted in 1 litre of water, is that going to make that much of a difference?

Anyway, the rain will wash it off soon enough.

As an ex-mini owner you avoid every little bit of salt in the windscreen area, traditional rust trap. Modern cars aren't nearly as bad, but spraying brine on your bodywork isn't I'd do to save a couple of quid.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.