Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do Hayabusa bodies take standard bosh injectors?
the_fbi

posted on 14/4/07 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Do Hayabusa bodies take standard bosh injectors?

As subject.

I'm looking to put some Hayabusa throttle bodies onto my tintop (Zetec) and am wondering if they use the normal size bosch style top feed injectors or pico or?

Clearly the fuel rail would need spacing, but if I wasn't going to respace would the bosch's just fit?

ta
Chris

martyn_16v

posted on 14/4/07 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
They don't quite fit in my gsxr1000 bodies, the nose of the injector is slightly larger than the hole in the body, but it shouldn't be hard to bore it out to the right size. I'm not sure about the fuel rail though, I used the OEM fuel rail when I had my tb's fitted as it was already the right spacing, just needed a couple of brackets to hold it.

Of course, the 'busa might use a totally different type of injector to the lesser gsxr's, in which case i've been no help at all

TangoMan

posted on 14/4/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Why not use the Busa injectors?? I am using GSXR 750 injectors on my 2.0 Zetec and they have capacity to spare.

Summer's here!!!!

the_fbi

posted on 14/4/07 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TangoMan
Why not use the Busa injectors?? I am using GSXR 750 injectors on my 2.0 Zetec and they have capacity to spare.

I could do, but I've literally just installed new injectors which ideally I'd like to keep, given that they are new & flow as new.

But yip, could sell them to pay for a clean.

bike_power

posted on 15/4/07 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
You can probably make them fit but you'd not have much meat left on the tb's around the base of the injector.

The busa injectors are really rather good and will flow enough juice for 220ish bhp with a sensible duty cycle if you raise the fuel pressure to 55 psi which is well within the injectors range.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.