Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chadderton - Long waiting times
Flat Pack

posted on 30/4/07 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Chadderton - Long waiting times

Just a heads up for people in the NW that might end up in the same situation that I have!

Had my first SVA test last Monday (23rd April) at Chadderton, I'd booked the test the middle of March and the wait then was a little longer than I'd expected but nothing too major.

I failed on a few points:

A couple of edge radii.

Handbrake inoperative on one caliper

Stop / Tail lights not of equivalent colour / brightness to an 'e' marked unit (S-V-C JK Crystalights, clear lenses).

Speedo conked about a mile into the journey.

The tester told me he'd only passed one kitcar first time in four years!

When I bought the rear lights S-V-C said they weren't 'e' marked and so could fail, but they'd never heard of it happening. Promised to send me a set of red lenses if they did fail. So I rang them up the afternoon after the test and they were excellent, still never heard of a set failing before apparently but the loan lenses were with me the next day.

Rang Chadderton the day after the test to see what the waiting times were like for a retest. The lady on the phone thought I wanted to actually book it in and told me it'd have to be next week. I asked her if a week's notice would be ok when I wanted to book it in and she said that'd be fine (plenty in fact). I rang back later in the week looking for a date ASAP after May 7th (I was away the weekend before, so no time to sort the car before then) and I'm told I can't have any date at all before May 29th... For a retest!

Despite still being on the SVA stations list, the testing station at Liverpool (Speke) apparently closed last August. I guess Chadderton is taking up a lot of the slack and getting very busy.

mitch2b

posted on 30/4/07 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
when i had my test at Chadderton a few years ago, i booked my retest there and then for the following week,
Mate recently passed there (three weeks ago) and it was a 2 week wait, looks like theres alot of tests being booked now the suns out, chadderton also does loads of SVA for the imports too, they were queing up last year when i went to see another one being tested.

i hope your registing at Manchester and not Preston, at least the Mancs they come to you for the built up insp

Mitch

Flat Pack

posted on 30/4/07 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yeap registering at Manc, the lady won't come out to do the inspection until I've got the MAC certificate though.
Flat Pack

posted on 3/5/07 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Flat Pack
Yeap registering at Manc, the lady won't come out to do the inspection until I've got the MAC certificate though.

Spoke to her again today and it looks like I was wrong about this If I send in all the paperwork I can now then they'll set things in motion for me and do the inspection either before or after my retest.

She also implied that it should be quite quick to get registered if she's got the paperwork in advance and is just waiting on the MAC certificate, which is nice

All in all very helpful at Manc DVLA, I think I must have misunderstood what she was saying before.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.