Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Diesel injectors for VW passat 130PD
Mike McKinstry

posted on 30/4/07 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Diesel injectors for VW passat 130PD

Hi guys,
Have a misfire on this 2001 vehicle and am assuming it is injector loom which runs through head or an injector-am going to try and change loom first as £40 but Vw want £450 for one injector.
I know these are special ,driven by the second cam however would like to avoid spending that much!
Does anyone know anywhere supplies these injectors cheaper-ebay have some but you dont really know what you are buying!!
Ideally could have done with vagcom as well to confirm any diagnosis.

Thanks,
Mike

STILL considering swapping Pinto for 1.4 K-series for performance and taxation benefits .

mark chandler

posted on 30/4/07 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Not the same car but a similar issue, landrover discovery TD5's.

Loom runs inside rocker cover as injectors are also cam driven. The oil gradually works its way up the loom to the external plug, crosses connections and voila, misfire. If you unplug its usually easy to identify, oil on the contacts. Clean the plug with spirits and an air gun, this should stop the misfire for a couple of minutes and help locate the issue to the loom.

Regards Mark

Mike McKinstry

posted on 1/5/07 at 06:52 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Mark.
I did unplug main loom contact which also registers a fault I believe but can see no contamination.i think I will have to change loom though as cheaper option to injector although as fault started suddenly and is not intermittent think it is injector.
Worry is I cant seem to get anywhere except dealer and dont know where to get ball pins and adjustment screws and locknuts which haynes say MUST be replaced.
Also have about a 5inch gap in which to bend 2ft worth of brittle plastic-anyone done one of these?

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

STILL considering swapping Pinto for 1.4 K-series for performance and taxation benefits .

stuart_g

posted on 1/5/07 at 07:18 AM Reply With Quote
Mike,

I can not comment on the fault, but I do have a vagcom lead and the free software to read fault codes, If this is any help to you, you are more than welcome to come over and we will have a look. I use it on my Bora and Leon and has proved to be very reliable. I am located Bury side of Ipswich. U2U me if you want.

Mike McKinstry

posted on 1/5/07 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Stuart,
This is a really kind offer-unfortunately I do not feel I can drive car any distance as misfire is quite bad and I dont want to do anymore damage.I will certainly bear it in mind for any future running problems.
I bought a loom today but do not know if I am brave enough to do-how do connectors slide in when taking out old loom etc??and if it breaks!!!!
Car is booked into dealer tuesday (mainly due to set up of new injector having to be perfect and my inability to get hold of these pump type injectors anywhere other than VW at £450 each)but they will be charging £75 for Diagnostics which may show nothing as i have no eng mgt light on.
Bill to do this and fit injector if it is that will be approx £800!!That would nearly buy me a bike engine for Mk.

A soon to be broke
Mike

ChrisGamlin

posted on 1/5/07 at 06:47 PM Reply With Quote
Not quite the usual symptoms but try unplugging the MAF sensor and see if anything improves, as these are notoriously short lived (I had to replace one on both my Bora and the missus's Leon TDi).

The MAF is mounted in the pipe coming from the airbox going towards the inlet manifold, if you unplug it the ECU will run to a default setting which is usually significantly slower, but should run smoothly. The more normal symptoms of MAF failure is sluggish / surging acceleration, but I guess it could also cause a misfire as its readings determine how much fuel is injected in.

Chris

Mike McKinstry

posted on 1/5/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Mark-thanks for suggestion -I opened plug but can see no contamination.

Chris -again thanks-when misfire first started I tried this (MASS)and there was no diference.

I have not changed loom today as can not see any contamination.
Lets hope dealer diagnostics at £75 next week show something otherwise i may have to fork out £450 for new injector and still not solve problem!!!

Thanks for all suggestions,
Mike

Mike McKinstry

posted on 3/5/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
vagcomed today and said electrical malfunction injector 1-possible cause wiring-I will do injector loom and failing that new injector!!!!!!!!!££££££££
Anyone agree on course to be taken??

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.