Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Do the DVLA pay people to make things slower?
Paradoxia0

posted on 30/4/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Do the DVLA pay people to make things slower?

Sorry, quick rant....

But why the hell does it take so long for the DVLA to get paperwork to you??

First they make you sit on the phone for half an hour talking to their bloody computer and then after you finally get to the menu option to get to talk to the other computer you need to request the paperwork for a new kitcar after 2 weeks it still hasn't arrived!

Is there something that special with kitcar paperwork that they canot just publish the forms you need on the website like everything else (and if they do why hide it so much, I haven't managed to find it yet...)

Anyhow, rant over... and I feel a lot better for that!

Seriously though, if anyone knows a way to get the needed paperwork and forms to start the registration/SVA process let me know 'cos this is frustrating the life out of me

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

graememk

posted on 30/4/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
you need the email address of the local dval man, he came out and met me at my house and que jumped me at hte local office email him asking to give you a call

u2u on its way

James

posted on 30/4/07 at 09:47 PM Reply With Quote
I faxed my local DVLA and asked them to call me IIRC. I was called within about 30 minutes by a woman who couldn't have been more helpful/knowledgeable.
She sorted me with pretty much all the forms I needed plus a bunch of info leaflets like INF26.

It's the local people who will do most of the work anyway. So make friends with your Case Officer and they will sort you out.

Kissing arse is king!

HTH,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 1/5/07 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
I blame the Welsh......its the only way they can get back at the rest of the country....... If they dont have your car on that Orwell IBM 1984 model computer you dont go anywhere under your own power.

Paradoxia0

posted on 1/5/07 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
I emailed the local DVLA man as Graeme suggested and wow, someone helpful and friendly in the DVLA!!

Talked me through everything, is sending me the paperwork and has offered to go through how to fill it all in with me on the phone when I receive it.

My faith has been restored

Mark

There is no replacement for displacement...

graememk

posted on 1/5/07 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
not what you know mate its who you know, although i was given the info from someone else.

NS Dev

posted on 1/5/07 at 12:08 PM Reply With Quote
Were both of you Peterborough though?

I have heard a lot of good things about the Peterborough VRO, Ultima, for example, I think are now planning to switch to there from Notts.

New chap as notts appears a champion jobsworth, now independently verified by two further people I know!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

jabbahutt

posted on 1/5/07 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
for future reference how do you get the local guys email address?
I've just had a look on the DVLA website and it tells me everything except an email address.
Do you need to ring through and if so is does the person have a specific title such as kit car registration expert?

Thanks

Flat Pack

posted on 1/5/07 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
The published phone numbers all go through to Swansea too

So the process goes something like this Ring up, despite ringing a reasonably specific number for local office enquiries go through about a billion multiple choice options and eventually talk to some jobsworth in Swansea. Ask them nicely to speak to your local office, they say no. Ask them a variety of questions that they can't answer, but still won't let you talk to your local office. Get fed up of them and hang up. Repeat this a few times with no success, but much time spent on hold...

Eventually give up and write a nice letter to your local office asking a few questions about registering a kit car (any will do, even if you already know the answers). Get a reply from the person that deals with that sort of thing with their phone number and email on that you can then talk to

David Jenkins

posted on 1/5/07 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
I did the same things - wasted time trying to phone, so wrote a polite letter to the local office (Ipswich). Said I was trying to make initial contact, also proposed my own VIN for approval (which they did) and asked for SVA and registration guidance.

Got a return letter shortly afterwards, containing all the forms and the contact details for the local man (who turned out to be a good bloke, but was often out of the office).

DJ

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.