Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Racing at cadwell/combe 6/7 may
procomp

posted on 2/5/07 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
Racing at cadwell/combe 6/7 may

Hi just to tel all know that the 750mc racing this wekend is at Cadwell park for

Kitcars 7'S formula4 bikesports MR2's and hothatch.

Also there is racing at castle combe for.

Locosts's formula vee stockhatch and RGB. And a whole host of the usual combe championships.

Here is the link for the cadwell meeting.LINK

Here is a LINK to the days time table for the combe meeting.

Hopfully will have more footage of the locost race again if we can keep the memory card insitu.

Cheers matt

Edit yes dates are helpfull

[Edited on 2/5/07 by procomp]

[Edited on 2/5/07 by procomp]

[Edited on 4/5/07 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ned

posted on 2/5/07 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Matt,

I suspect most (or at least quite a few) bods will be at stoneleigh this weekend..

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Kissy

posted on 2/5/07 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
...and I'll be at the Rallycross at Pembrey.

If anybody is at Cadwell say hello to my brother, Tony Kiss, who is having his first outing in his MR2 (bright yellow with grey sill sections).

carlgeldard

posted on 2/5/07 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I'll be at Cadwell. If you've been to one kitcar show you've been to them all. Plus my car's not on the road yet.

TimC

posted on 8/5/07 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
Was at Combe yesterday. Locost race was excellent - there was a pass to win on final lap (by Champ Declan I think) having been second all the way through. Also saw an accident at Quary where one ended up on the roof - looked nasty but walked away fine!

RGB was okay, but only 20 cars on track. Gordon Griffin won again having started from 7th. Rob Baldwin must be pi$$ed!

procomp

posted on 8/5/07 at 01:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Tim have you just ordered your full cage.

I think that Rob will have a win at some point this year. Possibly on a smaller tighter circuit than combe though.

Cheers matt.

Ps thanks for bringing the sunshine with you to a verry damp combe. Its not often the sun follows a welsh man.

TimC

posted on 8/5/07 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
Despite the crash - I want a go (badly!)

swood

posted on 9/5/07 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Castle Combe 7th May

As a season ticket holder at Combe it was great to see the Locost Championship finaly grace the undulating tarmac at Combe.
I arrived 12.15pm after a long weekend in Wales, glad to say I was the one who brought the sunshine, cos it did'nt rain whilst I was there, bit blowy but thats normal !!!
It was a good race to watch with an excellent grid and a classic move by Declan McDonnel at Tower to pinch the lead on the last lap.
Hope you guys enjoyed it see you next year?

When you're up to your ass in alligators you tend to forget the initial objective was to drain the swamp !.

procomp

posted on 10/5/07 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hi glad you enjoyed the locost race. With it being a new circuit to the locosts it got a bit spread out and not so much of the ussual 10 fighting for the lead. But still some good racing further down the field.

Hopfully will have some footage to put a link to soon but suspect it will be a bit boring with only a few other cars in view.

If we return next year i think we will have to make the effort to do a bit more testing as we where under geared for combe but with brands next week and a full work load where a bit reluctant to change diff ratio for just the one race.

cheers matt

PS declan played him like a fiddle. I think will knew he shouldent of been in the lead for the start of the last lap.

Rob Palin

posted on 10/5/07 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
we where under geared for combe but with brands next week and a full work load where a bit reluctant to change diff ratio for just the one race.

So does that mean a 4.4 everywhere then Matt?

chriscook

posted on 11/5/07 at 04:25 PM Reply With Quote
Rob,

Frank does let you out sometimes then?

Chris

Rob Palin

posted on 11/5/07 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
Well, sort of. I've had to miss the last couple of races and am sat in the office now on a friday night but i will be allowed out to play at Brands next week. Woohoo!
procomp

posted on 12/5/07 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i do hope you dont try and use some of the spares lying around.

Slicks wings ect all though there is nothing in the regs regarding a team of 8 to try for a quick pitstop.

cheers matt

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.