Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Heating engineers.help needed.!
GeoffB

posted on 3/5/07 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Any Heating engineers.help needed.!

i have a glowworm compact boiler and a while ago the hot water stopped working unless you turned the tap on full blast..
Being a locost buillder i took it all apart and found a small tear in a little rubber cover that seemed to activate the hot water.

i fixed it by pu'ing it togeather and it worked perfectley for about 18 months.

it seemed that the water hit this rubber cap and told the boiler to activate the heater to make the water hot.

It seems to be playing up again and i need to identify the part so i can order one and fit it.

Any online parts manuals would be great

Thanks in advance

GasGasGas

posted on 3/5/07 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
where in Kent are you?

All you need is a "domestic hot water diaphragm" any parts stockist will know exactly what you need from that description and will cost only a few quid.

GeoffB

posted on 3/5/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Im in ashford, i will try and have a good look online..now i know what im looking for
Geoff

MkIndy7

posted on 3/5/07 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
If you've still got the Manual.. which should always be kept with the appliance

There should be an exploded diagram in the back with the relevent part number etc, Take that into any good suppliers and the should get exactly the right one.

Any Local Branch of HRP (or Parts Centre they might be calling themselfes now) should do them maybe even a Plumb Centre if your lucky, a quick look in the Yellow Pages should get you a few numbers.

thegasmen

posted on 3/5/07 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
faulty boiler

All you need to do is find what is called the gc number or the serial number tell hrp what the make and model of the boiler is give them the gc or serial number and tell them you need a domestic hot water diaphramn.

ps if there are any corgi inspecters on this news group you didnt hear that from me.

GeoffB

posted on 4/5/07 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Ta for all the help..sent the wife to the shop and £1.29 later and half hour of my time...instant hot water at the slightest turn of the tap..

Bugger now gotta do that washing up.!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.