Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Newark then...
NeilP

posted on 7/5/07 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
Newark then...

So, couldn't bring the beast to the show as DVLA didn't provide the paperwork in time (probably come tomorrow and then rain for 4 weeks)

Good showing from the Luego boys and girls. Thanks to Becky and Pete (Perci) for letting me take photographic evidence of their great ideas for shameless plagiarism on mine!...

Another good show but was it me or did there seem to be a few less stalls and a little less effort from some of the exhibitors? Probably a reflection of the "it-will-it-won't" weather forecast...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

jollygreengiant

posted on 10/5/07 at 02:05 PM Reply With Quote
I have rung Newark & asked For booking pack today. We've already sent one out for Luego she says.
Ah I bet you sent one to the chappie that set it up last year, Chris I beleive.

I think thats it she says.

Ah right then new chappie dealing with it this year, so can you send me one please.

OK it on its way to you she says.

SO gentleman watch this space (another specific thread) & I shall keep you informed.

KitcarChris........... Youv'e got mail. (as well)

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

NeilP

posted on 10/5/07 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
After ringing the DVLA local office central call parking lot yesterday - I finally get a call back from the Brum office today to say, "What's your problem?"

"Well I'd like my reg, tax disk , insurance cover note and V(whatever) to get my plates pretty please," says I. "Is it all OK? Is there a problem? Do you need more info from me?"

"Hmm," says chappie. "It's here - been here for 2 weeks - Shall I post it to you?"

<Long pause during which I do some counting>

"Yes please," I say and giving him the benefit of the doubt. "Were you expecting me to come and collect it?"

"No...," says chappie.

<Longer pause - Can't help thinking about baseball bats>

"Should I have tried telekenesis to waft it out of you windows?" I ask with just the merest hint of pent up frustration. "If I wait 12.7 million years, do you think that tectonic plate movement might bring it the 7 miles to my house? Now that it's started raining will a flood wash it to the foot of my driveway?..."

<Long silience in which I can hear lonely neurons communicating at the other end of the line>

"No... Better if I just post it to you."

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? ......................WHY?

Anyway - Tis almost done - Thanks JGG for setting up Stoneleigh and Newark - Sorry to have missed you at the show but will look forward to swelling the ranks in a few weeks

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

darrens

posted on 11/5/07 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
After ringing the DVLA local office central call parking lot yesterday - I finally get a call back from the Brum office today to say, "What's your problem?"

"Well I'd like my reg, tax disk , insurance cover note and V(whatever) to get my plates pretty please," says I. "Is it all OK? Is there a problem? Do you need more info from me?"

"Hmm," says chappie. "It's here - been here for 2 weeks - Shall I post it to you?"

<Long pause during which I do some counting>

"Yes please," I say and giving him the benefit of the doubt. "Were you expecting me to come and collect it?"

"No...," says chappie.

<Longer pause - Can't help thinking about baseball bats>

"Should I have tried telekenesis to waft it out of you windows?" I ask with just the merest hint of pent up frustration. "If I wait 12.7 million years, do you think that tectonic plate movement might bring it the 7 miles to my house? Now that it's started raining will a flood wash it to the foot of my driveway?..."

<Long silience in which I can hear lonely neurons communicating at the other end of the line>

"No... Better if I just post it to you."

WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? WHY? ......................WHY?

Anyway - Tis almost done - Thanks JGG for setting up Stoneleigh and Newark - Sorry to have missed you at the show but will look forward to swelling the ranks in a few weeks

happens far too often, blessed with some intelligence aren't we!!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.