Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Breakers Cortina, may not be a bargain thou
Catpuss

posted on 12/5/07 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
Breakers Cortina, may not be a bargain thou

Out walking the dog in the fields, I peered over into the near by Glenfield breakers. Perched on top of a stack of cars were a ford zephyr and a ford cortina.

Fromwhere I was the Cortina hadall 4 wheels on, hence should have the uprights.

Just wondering if there is anyone here who is after a set of uprights. I think Matt Crane was talking about restoring a Cortina in case you are looking for bits.

The only think to consider is, that breakers only holds older cars for a couple of weeks then crushes them for scrap steel.

MattCraneCustoms

posted on 12/5/07 at 05:15 PM Reply With Quote
hmm yeah that might be pretty useful for me, any idea what mk cortina it was? I'll have to head over and take a look. Cheers for the heads up
Regards
Matt

Catpuss

posted on 12/5/07 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure, just that it had Cortina in nice swirly chrome lettering on the back and the bodywork was painted brown.

The Zephry was a Zephry 6 thou and judging from the suspension height, had the engine removed. The best bit was, it was on top of a cargo container with an L plate on the back. I guess anyone who can park that accuratly deserves there licence.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.