Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Engine shipping to US
MattCraneCustoms

posted on 15/5/07 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Engine shipping to US

Evenin' all,
I'm currently breaking a land rover discovery, and I've just put the 200tdi engine + ancillaries on ebay. Someone's emailed me from the states, and would like to know if it would be possible to ship to miami. I'd like to try and help him, so I want to see if I can get him a quote, my best guess is that it will end up costing more than the engine. It's still in the vehicle, so I cant really weigh it, but has anyone got a rough idea how much this sorta thing costs, and who to go to?
Cheers
Matt

[Edited on 15/5/07 by MattCraneCustoms]

stevec

posted on 15/5/07 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure on the cost but watch out for the packaging I dont think they like our wood without it being treated for bugs.
Steve.

PeterW

posted on 15/5/07 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
Engine is about 220kg with all the bits on. Add about 30-40kg for a decent crate, and you should be about there.

Shipping over about 100kg is normally costed by the cubic metre - expect about £200/$400 per cubic metre from port to port.

There are loads of shippers who will quote on the web - it may also be worthwhile getting the recipient to get a quote too. Recently, I've seen quotes where £££=$$$ for shipping, depending on who was paying !

Cheers

Pete

NS Dev

posted on 15/5/07 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MattCraneCustoms
Evenin' all,
I'm currently breaking a land rover discovery, and I've just put the 200tdi engine + ancillaries on ebay. Someone's emailed me from the states, and would like to know if it would be possible to ship to miami. I'd like to try and help him, so I want to see if I can get him a quote, my best guess is that it will end up costing more than the engine. It's still in the vehicle, so I cant really weigh it, but has anyone got a rough idea how much this sorta thing costs, and who to go to?
Cheers
Matt

[Edited on 15/5/07 by MattCraneCustoms]

There's a company not far away from you in Whitwick that might be of help:

USA Imports

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.