Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Luego At Newark
jollygreengiant

posted on 17/5/07 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
Luego At Newark

Ok, so I finnnnnnnnally got the booking form from Newark promotions today and it is now winging its way back to them all filled in.

I have estimated our turn out to be 20 - 25 cars but I would like you ALL to do me proud and turn out more than that.

So lets start organising.

I know by the turn out of cars that we had for Stoneleigh, that we have some very talented people out there so Which one of you could make us a NICE Luego banner.

Over to you..........

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 17/5/07 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with the banner Clive but WILL be there in the Luego one way or another.
wilkingj

posted on 17/5/07 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there. Not much goot with the banner either. Do we really need it? OK a sign for the Car Display Area. But the Camping area, its just something for some one to pinch.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mark-wiring

posted on 17/5/07 at 07:26 PM Reply With Quote
Any ideas what you would like the banner to have on it or better still can you make a file up of how you would like it and ill see what i can arrange

http://www.v10viento.co.uk
Have to recommend
http://www.extraefi.co.uk/
For all Megasquirt needs

chrisj

posted on 18/5/07 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry no good with banners but i'll be their on Saturday (if the DHL gods are with us)!
Paul (Notts)

posted on 18/5/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Looking forward to a weekend away again.

Hope to get there ( just up the road !) Friday to Camp.

If the weather does not improve will sort out some form of camp fire / heater this time as it was a bit chilly at Stoneleigh.

Paul.

jollygreengiant

posted on 20/5/07 at 06:49 PM Reply With Quote
My thoughts on a design for a club banner.

To hang from a flag pole affair with right angle top support to keep it flying outward (if you know what I mean).
Yes I know that if we use the Luego design then we would have ok it with Luego, but I don't think that will be a problem.
My son thought that it might be best for 2 of them, one at each end of the display. But that would possibly come later.

Oh and would you prefer same width all the way down or (my preference but this was only a quick sketch) would be for it to taper down to the bottom.

What do you think.?????????? Rescued attachment Proposed Luego banner 1.JPG
Rescued attachment Proposed Luego banner 1.JPG

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

rusty nuts

posted on 20/5/07 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
Tapered would look good . Any thoughts on where to camp? same place as last year? , just inside the gate to the left on the right.
wilkingj

posted on 20/5/07 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
looks Ok, but how about the writing horizontally... easier to read at a glance.

I agree on same place, inside the gate, turn imediately left, and camp on the right.

Will hope to go Friday afternoon ish

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ben lord

posted on 21/5/07 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
I have no objection to you using a banner.
Let me have a think about the design and I will pass my thoughts on in the next day or two.

Ben

NeilP

posted on 23/5/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ben,

If you'd be happier to have the 'new' Luego logo on the banner then how about

option 2 banner
option 2 banner

'Fraid I wouldn't know where to start to get one made but it would certain put the Westy boys and girls to shame if we could

Happy to contribute a few pennies into the pot if that helps...

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

jollygreengiant

posted on 24/5/07 at 03:43 AM Reply With Quote
Now THIS IS what I am liking.
See I was right put it out to you lads and you do me proud. I just hope Ben likes it.

quote:
Originally posted by NeilP
Ben,

If you'd be happier to have the 'new' Luego logo on the banner then how about

option 2 banner
option 2 banner

'Fraid I wouldn't know where to start to get one made but it would certain put the Westy boys and girls to shame if we could

Happy to contribute a few pennies into the pot if that helps...

ben lord

posted on 24/5/07 at 07:19 AM Reply With Quote
That one gets my seal of approval.

Looks really good.

Ben

mark-wiring

posted on 24/5/07 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
Neil

Send me a hi res of that and ill get my man to get us a price on getting it done

mark-rogers@talktalk.net

Have to recommend
For all Megasquirt needs

jollygreengiant

posted on 24/5/07 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
Mark. YOU have mail & U2U.

mark-wiring

posted on 24/5/07 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
Yep sorted have emailed off the idea to my mate will wait for him to get back to me i know he is on holiday for a week from saturday 26th so it may be a while before i get a response

Have to recommend
For all Megasquirt needs

jollygreengiant

posted on 24/5/07 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Champion. Thank you Mark.

quote:
Originally posted by mark-wiring
Yep sorted have emailed off the idea to my mate will wait for him to get back to me i know he is on holiday for a week from saturday 26th so it may be a while before i get a response

Barry

posted on 24/5/07 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Call me a pedant but last Newark we agreed to be known as the "Luego Sportscar Club"; even got the t-shirts.
Surely the "Owners Cub" is Grant/Mat, Dean/Joe, Ben/Joe, that's enough for a good gathering on their own.

Barry

jollygreengiant

posted on 24/5/07 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Barry
Call me a pedant but last Newark we agreed to be known as the "Luego Sportscar Club"; even got the t-shirts.
Surely the "Owners Cub" is Grant/Mat, Dean/Joe, Ben/Joe, that's enough for a good gathering on their own.

Barry

Look, its like this. I am a mere male who works quite longish anti social hours. It seems it fell to me to do all the organising for Stoneleigh this year and its seem that by common accord it was left to me to organise Newark. In the process of making the bookings, at short notice and without much sleep I was left to be creative about what we called ourselves (admittedly I had forgotten what had already been 'sorted out' ) and to give the organisers of the shows a postal address for the return of mail.
At the end of the day does it REALLY matter. Its a place/event where we can all get together and exchange/extoll the virtues of our cars.

Clive

The idiot whose trying to do all the organising.

richard thomas

posted on 24/5/07 at 09:12 PM Reply With Quote
Clive,

It is appreciated!

Looking forward to Newark.

NeilP

posted on 24/5/07 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
Apols if I've thrown a spanner in - Looked at Ben's updated site and assumed that he'd prefer the 'Club' to be associated with the current incarnation. His 'new' logo has an expression of the 'old' logo therefore I thought that this would be acceptable to all regardless of the vintage (mine is an early Grant/Matt and I'm happy with it). As for the 'owners' bit, to be honest I just thought that all of these clubs were owners clubs on the basis of the number of ...OC's that you see fluttering at the shows. I've got this in powerpoint (the limit of my IT ability) therefore if we have a concensus vote I can edit it to whatever we want...

Anyway, nutsack to all of that - I went to our local equivalent of Mulholland Drive this evening and it was absolutely fnecking brilliant - I cannot believe the grip this thing has got and I haven't even finished playing with the setup. All hail, Octane, the god of kitcars, nylocs and smooth tarmac

[Edited on 24/5/2007 by NeilP]

And if we are getting very silly about this we can have an argument about whether "owners" should have an apostrophy after the "s" as it the singular club for multiple owners ... time for bed I think - long day...

[Edited on 24/5/2007 by NeilP]

If you pay peanuts...
Mentale, yar? Yar, mentale!
Drive it like you stole it!

Barry

posted on 25/5/07 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Clive, Neil and others who are involved in the owners' club organisation.

My tongue was firmly placed in my cheek when I posted the club name thing.
Of course it doesn’t really matter what the group is called. The important thing is the people and what they are doing.
No disrespect of your efforts was intended. In fact exactly the opposite, it was my stupid inverted way of expressing my appreciation of the work that you have put in, i.e. you’d done the organising, I’d noted it and tried to make a light-hearted comment.
Am I just digging myself deeper?
New owners, new era, and the club group is growing with it, thanks to the efforts of you guys.

Barry

mark-wiring

posted on 25/5/07 at 10:38 AM Reply With Quote
Can we just all come to an agreement before i get it made up lol

Me i dont mind what we have i will leave it up to you gus to take a vot on it and let me know wording can be changed easy for now right up till its made lol

Have to recommend
For all Megasquirt needs

Dave J

posted on 25/5/07 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
I think the banner is fine. It's very eye catching and it says what it is; a club for owners of luego kits.

Clive, you are doing a cracking job at organising our show entries, it's much appreciated as is the efforts of the guys sorting the banner.
Puts us lazy sods to shame

Anyway,looking forward to seeing you all at Newark

Cheers

Dave

jollygreengiant

posted on 25/5/07 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
poll coming up.

You decide lads.
Luego SPortscar Club
OR
Luego Owners Club

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.