Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: BEC NItrous oxide
zxrlocost

posted on 19/6/07 at 10:54 PM Reply With Quote
BEC NItrous oxide

hi

my mate has just bought a wet Nitrous kit for his r1 engine carb 99

can anyone help he reckons its only got 1 foggy? where as hed prefer 1 for each carb (so 4 all together)

can anyone tell us what to do etc etc etc

or if we need to order other stuff

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

oadamo

posted on 19/6/07 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
you can buy the foggers off ebay or you could i payed £15 each for mine. but i did use just the one in the air filter box for a bit its a gpz1000rx worked fine.
adam

zxrlocost

posted on 19/6/07 at 11:11 PM Reply With Quote
so how does that work what do you do then Im just learning on this NOS thing

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

oadamo

posted on 19/6/07 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
on the kit you have the bottle with a solinoid for the noz that you pipe to the fogger and theres a pipe that you tee off the fuel to a solinoid to the fogger aswell.
if you are useing one fogger you can fit it to the air box but this isnt the best way but it does work.you should have a switch for on the carbs for wide open throttle . because you dont want it coming on at low revs or you will prob brake the engine. but i have dont it
if you undo the two pipes off the foggers for the noz and fuel the jets are in the holes so you can change them to any size.
adam

RazMan

posted on 20/6/07 at 05:51 AM Reply With Quote
As already said, the best way is to have individual foggers on each cylinder which ensures even distribution. However you can just use one fogger which is placed further up the airflow (in the airbox for example) but this can lead to uneven distribution.
Either way, the nozzles go back to 'pulsoids' which are basically solenoids designed to switch on and off very rapidly, controlling the volume of gas & fuel to the foggers. Dry kits only have one pulsoid (for gas) - wet kits have two (for both gas & fuel)

Dry kits are more suited to FI engines that can increase the fuel flow via the ecu (if your injectors will handle it)
Wet kits are for carb engines - injecting more fuel as well.

hth

[Edited on 20-6-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 20/6/07 at 08:29 AM Reply With Quote
What is needed for an R1 injection?
Sounds like a quick upgrade!

RazMan

posted on 20/6/07 at 08:44 AM Reply With Quote
The same applies to both fi and carbs - basically you are just injecting more N2O and fuel to make a bigger bang. You can allegedly make 50% more power safely, although I would be inclined to put a progressive controller in there to make it a 'softer bang'

The downside is that it is quite expensive to run and a full NO2 bottle will last a matter of seconds - ideal for the drag strip though.

Useful linky thing

[Edited on 20-6-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nitram38

posted on 20/6/07 at 08:53 AM Reply With Quote
I think I have watched too many "Fast and Furious" films!
I'll see if my R1 build will scare me first, but I expect after a while, it won't be fast enough!

BenB

posted on 20/6/07 at 10:01 AM Reply With Quote
Without wanting to pi$$ on anyone's cheerios...

Isn't NOS on a BEC a bit of a waste? After all, NOS is only good for short bursts (unless you've got a huge tank and an even bigger wallet) which means the 99% of the time you're off the boost you'll be carting around 10kg of ballast (? how much does a NOS set up weigh) which will upset the BEC power to weight holy grail.....

Just my 0.01p- but I'd keep NOS for CECs (ie heavier cars with bigger engines to compensate where the added weight of NOS is going to be less significant)....

Ivan

posted on 20/6/07 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Of course discharging NOS and fuel into the airbox sets you up for a huge underbonnet explosion if you have even a minor backfire

Grahame L

posted on 20/6/07 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
In real terms 10 kg is nothing, difference is like someone fitting cheaper alloy wheels opposed to expensive ones.

Or a couple of extra pies n beers on a friday night!!!

Ask the turbo guys how much their set up weighs, i bet its more than a nos system!!

Good instant cheap power, go for nos, but dont get gready with the power hike, i have Nos to fit on mine but i think 25 hp is about the max without a controller on my engine and prob 80 hp max!! IMHO

Grahame

oadamo

posted on 20/6/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
i doesnt really matter what its weight is my bikes got 100bhp more then most with it a 10pound bottle costs 45 to get filled up on my car. and you can use it for as long as you want till it runs out. if you use a controller you can run it at diffrent powers for each gear and what revs it kicks in. with the 25 jets on on the bike it lasts a long time but with the 100 jets and a 5pound bottle it doesnt last long but i only use it when i need to.and if you are going to fit it dont use ptfe tape only use the olives. and ive got some and some pipes if you need some let me no.
adam

novacaine

posted on 20/6/07 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
if you need some foggers i can get some wizard of Nos foggers at trade price, u2u if interested

Nitram38, i only just got the motaleira thingy, very clever !

And you run and you run to catch up with the sun but its sinking, Racing around to come up behind you again, the sun is the same in a relative way but your older, shorter of breath and one day closer to death

nitram38

posted on 20/6/07 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Nitram38, i only just got the motaleira thingy, very clever !

I am just glad that it is that subtle!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.