Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GTS Contact
stig2

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
GTS Contact

Whats going on at GTS? are they on holiday?, I have tried with no luck to contact them on both the workshop & mobile numbers for about 2 weeks now, I have also had no luck e-mailing them.

Can anyone shed any light on the subject ?

Thanks for your help in advance

RazMan

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
fesycresy

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
For the first 2 years on this site is was quite funny, but even I'm bored with it now

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

StevieB

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Is there an echo around here...
garage19

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
This chap is relativly new from to the site and has unfortunatly purchased something from GTS. I doubt he is aware of the usual service.

StevieB

posted on 21/6/07 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garage19
This chap is relativly new from to the site and has unfortunatly purchased something from GTS. I doubt he is aware of the usual service.

I think he is now!

Stig - do a search and you'll see a whole string of similar threads. I've never dealt with GTS myself, but from what I can understand is you get good products, but only if/when you can get them.

Have you paid for anything yet?

stig2

posted on 21/6/07 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I bought a 7 piece 442 GRP kit !!
shortie

posted on 21/6/07 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
How much was it and when did you pay for it and was it by credit card?
BenB

posted on 21/6/07 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
I think it's fair to say that some people have had problems with the GTS customer services attitude in the past.
Then again I must say I got what I ordered very quickly so I can't complain!!!!
Did they give you a lead time on the GRP? Often it takes quite a few weeks to get it made up anyway...

Macbeast

posted on 21/6/07 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
I spoke to the body fabricator on the office number on Monday 18th.

And if there's a body ready, it's mine OK ???

[Edited on 21/6/07 by Macbeast]

stig2

posted on 21/6/07 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I paid £425 + vat but it took about 8 weeks to deliver with lots of unaswered phone calls !!

And on a point of quality I have been designing and building PSV vehicles bodies (which have appx 45-50GRP components)for about 36 years the quality is not as should I say it could

SeaBass

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stig2
I have been designing and building PSV vehicles bodies (which have appx 45-50GRP components)for about 36 years the quality is not as should I say it could

Why did you buy GRP from someone then when you could knock it up yourself for a fraction of the cost and would have a bespoke shape?

Cheers

UncleFista

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SeaBass

Why did you buy GRP from someone then when you could knock it up yourself for a fraction of the cost and would have a bespoke shape?

Cheers

At a guess it's probably because making the actual bodywork is a small percentage of the actual work, the moulds take the lions share.

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

DarrenW

posted on 21/6/07 at 03:49 PM Reply With Quote
On balance Stig it sounds like you have done OK.

If the panels are fixable it might be as well for you to consider yourself fortunate and fettle them yourself. Id hate it done to me but at least you got some bits.

Im surprised the panels are not as good as you expected. Most threads about their bodywork conclude it is one of the best on the market, although ive never seen any so cant comment first hand.

flak monkey

posted on 21/6/07 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
F***s sake this isnt funny any more.

For those who are commenting about the non-delivery and crap service, explain to me why I have a complete, and ready to SVA car sitting in my garage? All of which was delivered exactly when I asked for it?

People need to just be aware that GTS can take a while to deliver products, but its worth waiting. If you are in a hurry take your business somewhere else and buy an inferior product and stop pi55ing and moaning on here.

*Please mind your language ..... *

[Edited on 21/6/2007 by Fozzie]

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

dave1888

posted on 21/6/07 at 04:22 PM Reply With Quote

Jon Ison

posted on 21/6/07 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
F***s sake this isnt funny any more.

For those who are commenting about the non-delivery and crap service, explain to me why I have a complete, and ready to SVA car sitting in my garage? All of which was delivered exactly when I asked for it?

People need to just be aware that GTS can take a while to deliver products, but its worth waiting. If you are in a hurry take your business somewhere else and buy an inferior product and stop pi55ing and moaning on here.

agree, its not funny and never was, BTW four letter words in a public forum ain't to funny either.

(edited to blank out Flaks 4 letter word)

[Edited on 21/6/2007 by Fozzie]

ChrisGamlin

posted on 21/6/07 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
From an outsider's view, to me it seems highly plausable that GTS favour certain "regular" customers to the detriment of others, they'll answer calls / emails from the people they like / want business from, and ignore others. It sounds an odd business strategy to me but its the only way to explain the two such contrasting views of this company.

Whatever truth there is in these things though, I don't think even the most ardent supporter of the marque can claim that GTS do EVERYTHING they can to dispel these issues / rumours (whatever you want to call them), as they don't seem to be trying particularly hard to rectify their reputation.

I know if I was in the same situation as a supplier, Id be looking at the perceived "problem" area of the business (in this case customer communication) and doing everything possible to sort that particular issue out. I WOULD answer the phone every time, I WOULD call everyone back, I WOULD reply to all E-Mails even if it was just a one liner to give a quick progress report and even if it meant shippings were delayed by a day or two because I know as a customer Id much rather a 4 week delivery time with regular updates than a 3 1/2 week delivery time with absolutely no communication and constantly wondering if/when it was ever going to turn up.

[Edited on 21/6/07 by ChrisGamlin]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.