Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anybody know about CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD
R1 STRIKER

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Anybody know about CIVIL ENFORCEMENT LTD

I recieved a parking fine this week for £100. As annoying as it is, if I was ilegally parked I'm happy to just pay it.

The problem is, this is a final demand before legal action is taken and i get a bad credit rating, but is actually the 1st i've heard about it. There is a real lack of ifo in the letter. So all I know is that it was on the 28/4/07. Doesn't say when, where or how long the vehicle was parked there.

Because the car is a taxi with several drivers I have made repeated attempts to speak to some one about this so I can find out which one of my drivers will be getting the bill! But all I can get is an automated payment line.

I guess i'm just going to have to pay it as I'm trying to get a mortgage at the moment and can't afford a bad credit rating. I'm just a little concerened about giving my payment details on an automated line when I know so little about it.

Anybody had experience of them? Advice welcome.

Thanks

Ben.

worX

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
I am sorry that I know nothing about this, so my response won't be that hepful, but how about a call to your local police station?

I don't think I would be giving out my pay details on an automated line.

regards,
Steve

[Edited on 26/6/07 by worX]

Alfa145

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
I wouldn't pay a penny, mortgage or not from what I see on the web. and I definatly wouldn't pay on an automated line without speaking to someone first to get the details.

see Linky

and many more on the web

Google Linky

Seems like plenty of advice on there to follow

[Edited on 26/6/07 by Alfa145]

speed8

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
Here's the website. There's an email address on it so you could try that. Tell them what you wrote here, that the car is a taxi and in order to pay the fine you need more details and proof, etc... Keep a copy of the email and send a paper copy on signed delivery so you know they have received it

http://www.ce-service.co.uk/c_service.html

ETA: having seen the linkys, don't pay a thing, do it by letter and keep copies and dates of everything you send and names of everyone you speak to.

[Edited on 26/6/2007 by speed8]

nick205

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Trading Standards springs to mind or the Citizens Advice Beureu (spelling?)

I'd be very surprised if you van be fined without a notice being placed on the car, in which case one of your drivers should be aware of it (if not admitting to it!)

Rob Lane

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:42 PM Reply With Quote
Well a quick google shows it as a private company which can be engaged to look after private parking issues.
The only ones I know, other than official bodies, that are entitled to act in this way are local councils.
It sounds very much like a scam payment scheme to me.
Try the google for their contact details, or use companies house.

Rob Lane

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:45 PM Reply With Quote
Too slow at typing
Rob Lane

posted on 26/6/07 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
Contacts:

CE Ltd
DBH House
Carlton Square
Nottingham NG4 3BP
Tel: 0115 822 5022
Fax: 0115 822 5023
Email: office@ce-service.co.uk

damien

posted on 26/6/07 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
have a look here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-wardens/97586-civil-enforcement-ltd-again.html

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

theconrodkid

posted on 26/6/07 at 04:45 PM Reply With Quote
this came up recently on pistonheads,they have NO legal powers,ignore it

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Syd Bridge

posted on 26/6/07 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
I've encountered a couple of these 'frighten 'em cowboys' in the past.

Their letter is intended to frighten you.

My bro-in-law is a plod with the Met, and he says that these people should be ignored, and if any more agro ensues then report it to your local police station. You may find that you are not the first, and after a few complaints, the police will step in and have a 'word'.

And, before any enforcement or credit blacking can take place, they have to prove the debt, in a court (unless you acknowledge it to them in writing.), and then a judgement has to be issued against you. If you then pay the judgement pronto, with the associated costs, your credit record is unaffected.

This all takes many months.

Cheers,
Syd.

Mole

posted on 26/6/07 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
As said before it affects your credit rating they have to obtained a county court judgement and this has to have been unpaid for 30 days. To get a CCJ they have to first issue a summons and then either you not respond to it or win at a hearing.
R1 STRIKER

posted on 26/6/07 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
Wow, I didn't expect such a response.

Having read all the info I have now sent them an email (same letter to follow in post)in short stating that due to the minimal info in there letter I am unable to make payment to them and that I will be making no further contact with them about this matter.

Is there no regultion for companies like this? or way of checking they are a genuine company?

I suppose they work on the basis that if 10% pay the will make there money.

Will be interested to see how they respond which i'm sure they will.

Ben

rgr33n

posted on 27/6/07 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
there are a few companies like this around. generally they give a landowner a sign to put up and then if anyone parks on their land, the owners put tickets on the cars and copy the tickets to the "enforcement" company. the company then issue civil proceedings against the registered keeper of the offending vehicle.
probably a useful deterent if you pay own land with a parking space which you need for work (or for your home) which you often can't use because people fly park in it. usually the signage is deterent enough to stop fly parking, but when tickets are issued, the companies usually pay a small percentage back to the landowner on receipt of the "fine"
they are likely to keep hassling you and you may end up defending a claim in the county court.
i have no knowledge or experience of anyone paying/not paying one of these tickets, so can't comment on that

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.