Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rolling road for megajolt and bike carbs?
les

posted on 4/7/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
rolling road for megajolt and bike carbs?

hi all,

now that sva is passed, i need a rolling road session to get the engine sorted,

2L zetec with r1 carbs and megajolt
anyone know a rolling road that can set all that up?

im in brighton so somewhere south wouls be good but can travel!!

les

pinto

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Have read good bits about Gerald dale
http://www.geralddale.co.uk/Services.html
phoned him about 6 mounths ago
for a pinto with bike carbs he said he had not done bike carbs on a car before but happy to give it ago
prices seemed much cheaper than most give him a ring might be able to help
only down the road from you
ps if you use him let me no how it goes
cheers colin

DarrenW

posted on 4/7/07 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Might be worth canvassing other people with similar set up to find out what jets, needle settings etc they arrived at after rolling road work and copy their map if they have similar set up. At least this will be a goos starting point for this guy.

After that maybe make sure you have decent laptop and comms and are familiar with tweaking the MJLJ in case he isnt (at least that way you wont be paying his time while he learns how it works).

I know Boggs do such a set up (defo not local for you) and a lot of time seems to be taken up removing carbs, jetting / adjusting and replacing for each power run - hence maybe getting somewhere close first. Im sure your set up should be fairly common.

viatron

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
before going for a rolling road session i would advise investing in a dynojet kit for your carbs, both bike carb setups i have done struggled to maintain consistant fuelling across the rev range until the dynojet kits were fitted, only other choice seems to be to run too rich at the bottom end or to rick running lean at the top.
Mac

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Pezza

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.sussexperformancecars.co.uk/

These chaps aint to far away from you.
Benn for a nose round when i've been in the area as it's nice and close to me for when my Indy gets finished.

They've been in ppc mags rolling road list but don't know anyone who's used them myself.

Might be woth giving them a bell.

Let me know how you get on as i'm closeish to you in crawley and any recomendations are good

You couldn't pwn your way out of a wet paper bag, with "PWN ME!!" written on it, from the "pwned take-away" which originally contained one portion of chicken tikka pwnsala and the obligatory free pwnpadom.

thesnake505

posted on 4/7/07 at 04:52 PM Reply With Quote
sorry to hijak the thread but what does the dyno jeting kit inlove? mines running well (pinto with bike carbs) and want a rolling road session for the fine tuning, thanks for any help the snake

les

posted on 4/7/07 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the replies guys,

Viatron, from the tiger forum you probably know i got my r1 carbs from bogg brothers so may be quite close to what they should be?

ill call the ones suggested above and report back,
car is like a tractor at the moment!! was expecting good things from
2L zetec

les

DarrenW

posted on 5/7/07 at 08:42 AM Reply With Quote
If manifold and carbs are sourced from Boggs then you are probs right - they wont be far away. If running like a tractor i wonder if this could be down to the map. did you get it off a running zetec or is it just a basic base map?

When i connected MJLJ i got it running in 2D mode on the pinto first, even now with fairly basic map its better than the dizzy.

Dynojets - dont know much myself about them but seem to recall seeing a new set of needles and washers in the kit and may some jets. The needles looked like they were stepped rather than a smooth taper.

les

posted on 6/7/07 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
hi,

map is from the megajolt site: "base zetec map"
- I think its all working? the red square moves around the table, tps guage reads on the computer screen, and with timing light connected, the timing mark on the pulley seems to move when you rev the engine. other than that im not sure how to test it?

les

grusks2

posted on 6/7/07 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Les my red sqaure on the MJ tuning page doesn't move up and down only across ( left to right) im running 3d with TPS when revving in the garage.

Not sure if this is right so im no help - ill get my coat

[Edited on 6/7/07 by grusks2]

http://mac1worxbuild.wordpress.com/

forgot my old password so another username doh

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.