Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Maps...?
albertz

posted on 17/7/07 at 05:35 PM Reply With Quote
Maps...?

I do a lot of architectural drawings from home and i used to use Multimap for large scale location maps, with detailed OS maps bought from Promap. However recently i have discovered that Multimap dont readily give you the option to save the displayed map....this is a real pain as i cannot get the information i need now.

I am quite happy to pay for the maps, but i simply can't find the level of detail i need. Promap for example is far too detailed, i just need large scale maps to allow the planners/inspectors to find the site.

Does anyone have any suggestions or alternatives as to how i can overcome this? Maybe you know of a website offering these maps?

The change seemed to occur around about the time that Google started advertising their own maps - maybe they own/control Multimap?

Any help appreciated.

BenB

posted on 17/7/07 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
If you can see it on the screen then you can just ctrl-prnt scrn it to whip it into the clipboard then paste it into paint to save it.

Or am I missing something?

iank

posted on 17/7/07 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
The Ordnance Survey sell maps in digital form, but are not cheap.

http://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/oswebsite/

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

slim Jim

posted on 17/7/07 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
If you use the old version of multimap (there is an option in the top left to go back to this). Then once you have found the map you want you can right click on it and do a "save as" and save the diplayed map.
Does this achieve what you are after

mark chandler

posted on 17/7/07 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Pop down the council and explain what you are doing, they will show you the correct maps for free, but charge to copy.

I think they charge £1 per A3 sheet, when I was applying a couple of years ago I think you needed 6 copies, anyway its was less than £10 for the large and more detailed ones.

You know its right then.

Regards Mark

albertz

posted on 17/7/07 at 06:45 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks all. Slim Jim has it sussed

Thats exactly what i was after.....cheers

Drama over!

Just out of interest:
I know the council sell the OS maps, thats what i get through Promap, except Promap give it to you in DXF format...ideal for pulling into AutoCAD for modification etc. I use that all the time, its just the large scale mapping i need to illustrate where about in the County the plot/site is located. Thanks though.

[Edited on 17/7/07 by albertz]

posted on 17/7/07 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
On new version of Multimap

find required map.
click on "file" in your top tool bar.
click "print preview" in the column that comes up below file.
click on "print" icon.

works for me

Paul G

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.