Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top Gear
DIY Si

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Top Gear

Well, someone had to kick a thread off!
I for one really enjoyed that! Goes to show just what technology can do these days.
Your thoughts boy and girls.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

myeates

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
absolutely fantastic bezarre as it may sound i would like to go give it ago
Duncan_P

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
It was interesting...

But recently i can't help thinking what a t@@t Clarkson is.

I couldn't believe how naive they were about the dangers... walking higher in the Brecon Beacons in the winter can be dangerous so to be un-aware of the dangers is a little naive.

Anyway..... the guy pushing Clarkson into the water was one of the best TV moments of late

[Edited on 25/7/07 by Duncan_P]

DIY Si

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
About time Clarkson got something back at him. Anyone else spot the credits?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

MikeR

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Loved the show but ....

Disgusted they shot the spam (if they did) in the middle of an unspoilt wilderness - for that they deserve a complete kicking, bollocking and worse

Droping the fuel - well, i'd quite happily see them personally fined and spend a month in jail.

I'm being harsh but for gods sake - they shouldn't be allowed to trash the one place we've got left that is pretty much unspoilt.

As for the show, laughed out loud a number of times, as i said i loved it. I just get a smidgen annoyed by the production when they say things like, "i decided i had to go for it" and then they show about 10 differernt camera angles which means they've obviously set it up! i know, i know i need to get over it.

Still great show - wish hammond had won.

Duncan_P

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
wish hammond had won.

Ditto, i was a bit gutted he didnt

DIY Si

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was a bit harsh of them to ring him, you could see it broke him completely. I can't imagine what he went through.

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

ned

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:54 PM Reply With Quote
DOH just realised I missed it, even though I read this thread earlier! Anyone know when it's repeated so I can set my sky+ ?

cheers.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
designer

posted on 25/7/07 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget, it's TV NOT real liFe!!!!!!!!!!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 25/7/07 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer
Don't forget, it's TV NOT real liFe!!!!!!!!!!

At last, clear thoughts!!

Great entertainment though

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

adithorp

posted on 25/7/07 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
But Hammond could get home.

Adrian

greggors84

posted on 25/7/07 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
Sunday 8pm Ned.

I missed it too!

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

RazMan

posted on 25/7/07 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
I now look at these 'specials' as nothing more than trivial entertainment. The whole thing was made to look like it was just the dynamic duo taking on the wrath of the North Pole and the trained professional back up team is conveniently out of shot 99.9% of the time. I can't believe that JC and JM actually did much of the digging when things got hairy, and the staged crashes were a bit obvious imo.
Having said that it was good fun - I loved the trick with the lighter fuel and the flat tyre

The Hampster really looked as if he was having a rough time though.

[Edited on 25-7-07 by RazMan]

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

bpgoa

posted on 25/7/07 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
when you are in places like that... up a big hill... extremes of the earth... everyone gets it... yes i do expect they got a lot of help... but they still had to be there and that's no mean feat... Le hamster.. well.. didn't he run 16 miles home the other night... some benefit of his polar training maybe... and yip ... great entertainment

On and On the River flows... We the Undertow

Danozeman

posted on 26/7/07 at 05:32 AM Reply With Quote
I thought it was good. Some of it looked staged though.

Hamster looked like a broken man when they rung him to say they were there. They should have shwon him arrive aswell.

Well done to all the sir ranulph's.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

DaveFJ

posted on 26/7/07 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
I thought it amusing when the special forces bloke pushed Clakson into the water.... You saw him trying to say 'How dare you!' but he was to cold...

very good and mucho admiration for the Hamster - there is no denying he had it bloody hard! BUT I must admit that the other two annoyed the tits off me at times! they seemed to fail to get the seriousness of where they were going and you could see Sir Ranulph was NOT impressed!
And why, when they new it was going to be stupid, did clarkson decide to 'go for it'. You could tell James May really was annoyed with him!
good fun though...

Dave

"In Support of Help the Heroes" - Always

Peteff

posted on 26/7/07 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Hamster looked like a broken man when they rung him to say they were there.

He's not real, he's a puppet. Someone works his face His guide was a girl so it can't have been that tough. (Oh no, did I say that aloud). It was funny though wasn't it, with the G&T and the Chablis and all that.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Agriv8

posted on 26/7/07 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
As entertainment excellent.

If it was Too Dangerous / The production company would not have got insurance for the 3 on screen ( or the people behind the Camera ) and I dont belive that they would have done it without .

And yes alot of it will have been staged / re-enacted once the camera equipment was rolling

I do think it got to Clarkson though you could see it in his eye's.

Hamster has gone up in my estimation that after the crash ect - Ect the lad must have some stamina.

I was impressed with the Toyota's they looked to take a pasting.

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.