Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Book chasis compatability with Luego parts
John.Taylor

posted on 3/9/03 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
Book chasis compatability with Luego parts

I am presently gathering information on building a Locost and am determined to build my own book chasis as welding is something that I want to learn.

But can anyone confirm that Luego Locost packages such as the tearing/Suspension and bodywork will fit a book chasis or are they specific to the Luego chasis? This would make thinks much easier as I cannot be bothered scouring local breakers yards for obsolete parts or making 'Blue Peter' bodywork panels.

StuartA

posted on 3/9/03 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
The Luego Locost is probably about the closest you get to a production version of the book chassis, however the book has certain errors that Luego have obviously corrected and they have also put their own spin on certain parts of the chassis. Best bet is to give them a call and ask about the specific parts you have mentioned here. They are a very helpful bunch of guys.
ned

posted on 3/9/03 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StuartA
they have also put their own spin on certain parts of the chassis.

Please, no spin on this forum!!!

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
andyd

posted on 3/9/03 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm Ned... how many of your posts have actually had something to contribute to the topic?

Andy

ChrisW

posted on 3/9/03 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
AFAIK the Luego Locost is the car detailed in the book so any of their parts will fit a book chassis.

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Luego Sports Cars

posted on 4/9/03 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
Luego Locost

Hi John, my advice regarding the Luego Locost chassis is when you come to putting the wish bone brackets on, is get the brackets and wish bones from us then you can offer them up and get the brackets etc in the correct place.

Give us a call if you have any further questions.

The Luego Team.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.