Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IRL, spoiler.
MartinDB

posted on 12/8/07 at 01:04 AM Reply With Quote
IRL, spoiler.

For the second weekend in a row, Dario gets airborne!
Video

caber

posted on 12/8/07 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
That is one expensive driver to have on a team! This vid looked like driver error to me not paying attention to traffic in front!

Caber

DIY Si

posted on 12/8/07 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Why didn't he just go around the car in front, rather than trying to ram into him? Reet proper edgit I tell thee!

[Edited on 12/8/07 by DIY Si]

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 12/8/07 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
Ouch! I didn't see the race,what happened? It looked like the car in front slowed down too much after taking the flag!

Just checked website and this is what they said.
That one was completely my fault; there's no excuse," said Franchitti, who was driving the car team co-owner competed in at Indianapolis in May because the superspeedway car from Michigan will need extensive repairs. "I didn't realize it was the checkered. I got the 'Hey, it's a checkered' just as I was hitting him."

So Franchitti's car, traveling at more than 210 mph, rapidly closed on the decelerating car in his path.

Said a stunned Matsuura: "After checkered, I let off and he didn't see me and he hit me. When we were getting in the safety car, he said, 'My fault.' He understood what exactly happened and he apologized to me about that. The race is over so there is nothing more we can do."

Still think they need to stop cars slowing down after the flag. There has been so many accidents in motorsport because of this.

[Edited on 12/8/07 by TGR-ECOSSE]

DIY Si

posted on 12/8/07 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
That's why F1 drivers tend to pull in towards the pit wall as they take the flag. It puts them well out of the way of everyone else.

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.