Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: need info please
baz265

posted on 18/8/07 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
need info please

i am stuck between choosing a vortx rt or an mk indy.Can anybody advise me on which is the better and any help whatsoever would be appreciated. tanx guys
jacko

posted on 18/8/07 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
All i can say is welcome to the mad house
And where is the popcorn

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
stevec

posted on 18/8/07 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
All i can say is welcome to the mad house
And where is the popcorn

Got mine, Extra large.
Welcome Baz.

big_wasa

posted on 18/8/07 at 08:01 PM Reply With Quote
The answer is .......How deeps your pockets

have you seen the price of a Westfield stater kit ? I havnt compared like for like but there doesnt look to be as big of a differance as I thought.

[Edited on 18/8/07 by big_wasa]

RichardK

posted on 18/8/07 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Nothing in them, both fantastic build quality of cars and good people to deal with.

My preference would be MNR just because I like the look of the MNR, especially the new nose cone now I've seen it in the flesh.

Go and meet them both, try and get a ride out and then make your decision.

Oh and welcome

Regards

Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Dillinger1977

posted on 18/8/07 at 08:12 PM Reply With Quote
blimey, that question seems to be coming up a lot.

shortest answer I can give, is that the MNR is better quality in terms of chassis and bodywork, but will cost you a little bit more.
(thats based on several people recently posting similar views)

any help?

-Rog

matt.c

posted on 18/8/07 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
even though i have a MK i would say go for the MNR because of its build quality and the customer service.

But thats just my opinion.....

mookaloid

posted on 18/8/07 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
The MNR is defntely the better choice. It's got a terrific chassis and the boydwork is superb.

The MK has an ok Chassis which is fine for the money, and the bodywork can be made to look good with only a little bit of thought and effort.

Marc (MNR) races the car and it shows in the chassis and his knowldge of setup etc.

You need to ask yourself 2 or 3 questions;

What are you going to do with it?

Which one do you like best?

Is the budget strict or farly flexible?

If you are going to compete in Motorsport - Hill climbs, sprints or even racing then MNR is the better choice, If not then get the one you like best.

If money is tight then the MK will be a bit lees money.

HTH

Cheers

Mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

StevieB

posted on 18/8/07 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by big_wasa
The answer is .......How deeps your pockets

have you seen the price of a Westfield stater kit ? I havnt compared like for like but there doesnt look to be as big of a differance as I thought.

[Edited on 18/8/07 by big_wasa]

I'd agree here that the Westfield starter kits often get overlooked - especially now that they do the MX5 based single donor kit too.

In terms of MK/MNR - I'm building an Indy now, but am already planning the next to be either a Striker or MNR.

Hellfire

posted on 18/8/07 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Depends where you live too - being able to readily drop in for help and advice from the manufacturer is invaluable.

Whatever you chose - make sure the engine cradle is to suit a bike engine and you wont be disappointed...

Steve

baz265

posted on 19/8/07 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
thanks guys Unfortunately

Tanx for the tips guys unfortunately its to expensive to go across the pond to drive and see the cars. It works out for me cause im in harrogate coincidentelly at a convention. And tanx for the welcome i couldnt reply last night without calling today to verify

cheers

baz265

posted on 19/8/07 at 08:36 AM Reply With Quote
ill look into chris tanx.
I think someone told me they were a lil expensive for there kits though. Everthing unfortunately is expensive here so ill be doin alot of shopping in the uk i think.

coozer

posted on 19/8/07 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
I don't agree on the MK V MNR cost basis.

I can't see the total build costs being that different but you takes your choice.

Mine was based on quality and the MNR wins hands done on that superb chassis...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

ReMan

posted on 19/8/07 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
You absolutely have to see both cars. Preferably customers cars too and then make your own decision based on what you see and what you want to afford
The difference between the two is not going to be that great, probably less than you WILL overspend on either
I have an MK and love it, but if I have to do another Se7en type it would probably be an MNR (with the old nose)

[Edited on 19/8/07 by ReMan]

DarrenW

posted on 20/8/07 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
I dont believe there is one that is significantly better than the other as all of the cars in this price bracket have pro's and cons and each build is different (hence comments ref final price).

i short listed MNR and Mac#1. Was happy with my choice but also like some of the styling bits on the MNR. Once the car is built and becomes part of the family you will be happy whatever you choose.

All i would say is also consider customer service and after sales into the deal. Mac#1 and MNR seem to take some beating but dont listen to me as im biassed following good experience.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.