Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike Carb set up Std 2.0 Pinto
Stott

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Bike Carb set up Std 2.0 Pinto

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has definate advice for a particular bike carb set up for an otherwise standard 2.0 pinto, i.e. R1 carbs, so and so jets, this and that = running engine (ballpark obviously - not perfect)

Trying to sort some decent induction for my engine on the cheap and have seen lots of carbs from 600's that are cheap with large enough chokes to put the std weber to shame so was wondering if anyone had any experience with doing this.

I know everyone tends to use R1 carbs but they are getting expensive now due to that fact and also will probably be overkill for my application.

Sorry, sorry, sorry and sorry again for bringing up this topic as I'm sure you're all bored of the debate but I have tried the forum search and haven't any luck so far.

Thanks in advance for any advice received, Andrew

jacko

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hello and welcome I have xz9r carbs fitted to a modded pinto if you do a serch under jacko [ thats me ] you should find what you want to know or try Darren w
Graham

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flipp

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
bike carbs

try yamaha thunderace 1000 which are slightly smaller choke but only paid £45 for mine ,work great on std pinto
coozer

posted on 19/8/07 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
ZX9R carbs on my zetec. Was going to use ZZR1100 ones but with no TPS I paid £38 for the ZX9 carbs about 4 weeks ago.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

indykid

posted on 19/8/07 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
i've got blade carbs on my pinto, albeit a 1.6, but was told they'd be fine for a 2.0 too.

i paid £33 for mine, posted, but it was BIN from a bike breakers. tends to suggest to me that's about the going rate for them not on ebay. keep watching the prices and avoid the madness if you must resort to ebay

tom

[Edited on 19/8/07 by indykid]

Stott

posted on 19/8/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
Ok cheers, I have been looking at ZX 6 carbs, (£35) and wondered if these would do the job?
will121

posted on 20/8/07 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
ive got zx6 carbs (£16.00 of ebay) on my tuned 1600cvh, thay are 38mm. changed main jets to 165. raised neadles 1 slot, air screws 2.5 turns out. it was a rebuilt engine but started first time and seems to run ok but going for a mot this week so will soon see.

DarrenW

posted on 20/8/07 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Ive got a set of ZZR1100 carbs. Hopefully will be collecting Boggs manifold up today. I managed to fit a TPS, boggs have fitted a bracket whilst making the manifold.
Main jets to be opened up to 160. Air screws 3 turns out. 1 hole in each carb to be blocked off. All heater pipes removed. K&N challenger filter fitted (its a bit big but will flow plenty of air), was a tad tricky to fit but managed OK.

After that i need throttle cable assembly (£20 from Mac#1 for adjustable cable etc). Choke cable. Ive sourced ZX1000 pump.

Boggs will jet up properly for me once i get it fitted and running.

Boggs have done a few ZZR1100's for people due to more popular carbs being harder to find / more expensive.

Engine is essentialy std 2.0 Pinto but with DIY prted head, skimmed 40" and FR32 cam fitted. Exhaust is Mac#1 design using Vizard principles as close as a se7en will allow. Lightened flywheel.

[Edited on 20/8/07 by DarrenW]

Litemoth

posted on 21/8/07 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
It's simple Mr Stott (you taffy sheep sha**ing wlesh bloke you) It's like This:
You just gather up all of your money and Give it to Brothers BOGG for them to weld a bit of pipe to a bit of flat, make it shiny and put some £2.50 jets in. It should take about six months for your exotic 'Pinto' engine because they will have to make it especially and wont have it ex-stock.
Will you be installing lambswool bonnets on these bike carbs?
I think 'Bogging' ones bike carbs goes against the LoCost ethos.

DarrenW

posted on 21/8/07 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
So i take it you dont approve of the route i opted for then? Any particular reason why?

I got my carbs for nowt off a great member of this site - so offset that against a manifold (and i apologise for not having appropriate ali fab equipment in my garage so i can make myself for £2.29) and the Boggs solution wasnt such a bad price. Also onsidering that the other supplier i thought of using has closed their order book then getting this one within 4 weeks has proven to be a good choice.

Do you have an alternative proposal?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.