Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Infinite Market for 7s?
D Beddows

posted on 29/8/07 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Infinite Market for 7s?

There have been sooooo many finished cars for sale recently - are there people out there actualy buying them? after all we're nearly at the end of a rather rubbish summer, nights are drawing in and all that (cheery soul aren't I )..... and I would have thought there's a fairly limited market for them at the best of times as everyone thinks they could build a better one for £250. Or am I wrong?

zxrlocost

posted on 29/8/07 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
if youve got a real good looking one and its a fair price it will sell

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

MikeR

posted on 29/8/07 at 04:33 PM Reply With Quote
ok, probably got my head in the clouds, but where are all these cars for sale? i've seen 3 or 4 on here recently but thats not a lot really.
tom_loughlin

posted on 29/8/07 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
I just got rid of mine, see GTS thread
rpm

posted on 29/8/07 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
Mines still up for sale but i'm not going to give it away, i'm just getting used to it after 350 miles so if it doesn't sell it's im provements time!!
chrisg

posted on 29/8/07 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Believe it or not some people just like building.

The number of people who sell straight after getting a car on the road is amazing.

Fortunately there are many people who can't or don't want to build.

et voila.

cheers

Chris

Note to all: I really don't know when to leave well alone. I tried to get clever with the mods, then when they gave me a lifeline to see the error of my ways, I tried to incite more trouble via u2u. So now I'm banned, never to return again. They should have done it years ago!

DIY Si

posted on 29/8/07 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
That's the bit I don't get. Selling up after 350 miles?! That'd be after the first weekend surely?

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

Davg

posted on 29/8/07 at 06:17 PM Reply With Quote
Mne is still available too, mind you haven't tried that hard to sell it though so looks as if it will be be a transplanted R1, shame cos its a good un albeit currently with a boat anchor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

wilkingj

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
I can agree with this thread.. Even thinking of Selling the Viento. I want to do another build.
However, I would not give it away. too much money and effort gone into it.

I have a Jago Geep to sort for my son. He went to Uni and its sat here. Need a windscreen (chip in driver area) and a pair of front discs. Other than that its fair.
Am thinking of painting it NATO Green and putting a big White Star on the bonnet, it would tidy it up a lot.
At the moment I have 6 cars and a Caravan on the drive. Its all just too much effort to get the viento out cos its in the garage behind all the other vehicles

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
locoboy

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
<---------
<---------
<---------

Mine is still for sale too

ATB
Locoboy

iank

posted on 29/8/07 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
That's the bit I don't get. Selling up after 350 miles?! That'd be after the first weekend surely?

That's the thing, while building everyone makes compromises/mistakes and gets a really clear plan in their mind of what they'd do differently/better next time. If you've enjoyed building it a lot then it's natural to want to get on with the next one, but most of us don't have the cash/room to keep the recently finished one. Psychologically it might even be a disappointment as it's not the car you always wanted anymore.

As ChrisG says ^^^ It depends to some extent whether your hobby is building cars, or the build is just the means to getting a high performance sportscar for relatively little money.

Finally when it's finished you find out if SWMBO does think it's a lot of fun or is serious about the 'well I'll never go out in it' comments

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

D Beddows

posted on 29/8/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
Totaly understand the 'wanting to build the next better one' thing but I don't quite understand how people expect to know how to build the next one better if they just drive it for a couple of hundred miles.......... it'll almost certainly look better but drive better......I wonder?

ANYWAY that wasn't the point of the thread

nick205

posted on 29/8/07 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
After 3 and a bit years building, 6 months on the road and 1,700 miles I'm considering selling up. I'm not sure I can switch off my hankering for another 205 GTI and a new mountain bike.

Desires and constraints change over time and it doesn't surprise me that people reach the end of a build that has often taken longer and cost more than planned and decide (or need) to seel up and move on to something new.

INDY BIRD

posted on 14/10/07 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Like everyone,

i like to tinker more than drive unless a track day is around,

On the road these cars are not the same you need to get on track to appreciate tham but then you look at the car and performance and want more so more tinkering,

I sold my cars for the same reason always want bigger better faster?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.