Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trick/Click/flatshifters
Richard Quinn

posted on 7/9/07 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
Trick/Click/flatshifters

I’ve been looking around at some of the flatshifter/trickshifter type options and they all appear to have their limitations. In an ideal world I would be looking at a paddle shift with cable operation with full throttle up shifts and throttle blip on the down shift. I know that some of the systems will give this capability, but will any of them work with a cable linkage rather than a rod linkage?
StevieB

posted on 7/9/07 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Get in touch with Pathfinder - he's been developing something. have a look in his photo archive.

It looks a neat bit of kit and does everything you want (I think) - I'll certainly be upgrading to something of that ilk eventually.

Mr Rob

posted on 7/9/07 at 02:48 PM Reply With Quote
I take it your building a BEC. If so why not use an electronic shift. These are ready made kits for bikes and are simple to fit.
grazo

posted on 9/10/07 at 12:26 AM Reply With Quote
flat/trickshifters

try Flatshifter at www.flatshifter.com i think they work with cable/electronic and air assisted gear shifts had good reports of them
Bitten hero

posted on 9/10/07 at 04:49 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, i have the klictronic shifter with the trickshifter full throttle up/blip downchange and have made some paddles to activate the buttons very neat and small -looks the mutts . works a dream
robby

posted on 23/10/07 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
made my own with halfords compressor, fire extinguisher, valve and ram from local bearing supplier, and two micro switches using the wiring for the horn. think it cost about £130 for bits. done 3000 miles this summer wi no probs. will try and get photos up for you, but poo wi computer... robby

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.