Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How not to do customer services (by Avo)
ChrisGamlin

posted on 10/9/07 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
How not to do customer services (by Avo)

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=436426&i=0

Open mouth, insert foot

DarrenW

posted on 10/9/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Surely that was not a representative of AVO making those statements. No. it couldnt have been..... could it??????

If it was then the comparison to Mr Ratner is justified. I was warned off AVO some time ago by a mate who was a disgruntled customer (shocks failed after very little use allegedly and no warranty was upheld - 3rd hand data so may not be true).

Shocking - truly shocking!!!

mookaloid

posted on 10/9/07 at 06:53 PM Reply With Quote
Heard nothing but good stuff about Protech..

I know where I will get my next shocks from - not AVO.

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

iank

posted on 10/9/07 at 06:54 PM Reply With Quote
ONLY IMPORTANT PEOPLE POST TO FORUMS ALL IN CAPS. IT MAKES THEM LOOK MUCH MORE INTELLIGENT!!!

Personally I find it unlikely that they can't get bushes in whatever size they want.

From the lack of investigation it would seem they didn't actually want to rebuild them - maybe they thought they'd be able to sell some more...

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mark.s

posted on 10/9/07 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
dear o dear......should of gone PROTECH

ChrisGamlin

posted on 10/9/07 at 07:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Surely that was not a representative of AVO making those statements. No. it couldnt have been..... could it??????

Looking at the user's profile and reading his (few and far between) previous posts, he does genuinely appear to be a director of Avo and not a troll.

RickRick

posted on 10/9/07 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
asuming that avo didn't have the bushings in stock, the best course of action would be an email letter ect to say there not available, and it'll take longer than expected get some knocked up and sort them out, how hard is it to make bearings, there probably still off the shelf from another supplier anyway
Mr Rob

posted on 10/9/07 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, i won't be fitting them to my car.

That statement by AVO was shocking... no pun intended.

snapper

posted on 10/9/07 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Although many avo products are sold for competiton use, where these products are used for competiton, no warranty is offered by avo uk ltd, however if a product fails within this envirnment, the repair/replacement will be at avo uk's discretion.

Glad i read the thread i was going to buy new AVO's allround, changed my mind.
When i clicked on the AVO name it came up as Managing Director of AVO
Me thinks he is related to Gerald Ratner

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

BenB

posted on 10/9/07 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Well I have to say that one of my Avo shocks jammed after after a few miles (and perhaps more importantly four years in storage). I sent it back to Avo expecting a bill for refurb. They sent it back with a "have a nice day" note.

Bloody good customer services in my mind....

ChrisGamlin

posted on 10/9/07 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ben

Yep I must say that they've more often than not seemed to be pretty good (at least in the past) and overall don't have a bad reputation, but I think thr company has changed hands a couple of times and given the attitude of this chap if he is the owner / director, I don't hold out a lot of hope for the future.

bimbleuk

posted on 11/9/07 at 07:48 AM Reply With Quote
Hmm not good timing to read that sort of feed back. I was about to change to some double adjustable dampers. GAZ were an easy option as RAW supply them for Strikers. However I was prepared to work with another company to tailor some to my needs. Still not ruled them out though jusst on that one instance.
DarrenW

posted on 11/9/07 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
i still cant believe it was a AVO rep that did that post. To me it read more like a disgruntled employee has hacked it. I really do hope it wasnt the MD etc. As said above AVO have a reasonably good reputation and wouldnt have been going so long if they werent OK.

There isnt a product around that hasnt had one or 2 issues before so its hardly surprising that some people have had to return shocks back before - but its how complaints are dealt with that seals the deal.

AVO were one of the first companies to offer the USP of rebuildability to the general public. I bet however they see some right horror stories in their workshops so are maybe a tad on the sceptical side. At least now there is other choices we can make. Im happy with my gaz shocks for now and via Mac#1 have recieved some pretty good customer service on them.

Of course the other issue is that maybe only part of the story has been stated on PH - could the original poster have ommitted some key details for which AVO have no desire bringing to a public forum???? . The answer is inexcusable but maybe just perhaps the MD or whoever has averted a more serious public slanging match and might be a bit more savvy than hes been given credit for.

SyKaTurbo

posted on 11/9/07 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
I dont think it will harm the repuatation of AVO to be honest. Apart from his post being in caps he seems to be just making a point in a direct way. You cant make everyone happy 100% of the time. Better to send them back complete rather than in bits though too.
Dangle_kt

posted on 11/9/07 at 09:11 PM Reply With Quote
the MD is obviously a retard, he had a slim chance to capitilise on the doubt on the thread.

the best reply would have been...

"i have just returned from work and seen my teenage son has been posting on my behalf - etc. etc."

problem solved - instead he simply confirms he is an ass and discredits his whole company.

it seems natural selection will take care of the rest...

DarrenW

posted on 12/9/07 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Well, i would say that AVO have fully redeemed themselves with the reply.

"I apologise if i have misled people with my post and if they found it to be aggressive,this was not my intention at all.

All Avo units are rebuildable and we make all efforts to do so, however there are rare occasions when the returned units are beyond economical repair, it has always been our policy to offer the customer a new replacement unit at a full discounted trade price,when this occurs.

If this has not been the case in this instance then I again apologise and will be more than happy to speak to the gentleman in question directly and come to a mutually amicable agreement.

Many Thanks

Nigel"

I would say that should be case closed and the 2 involved find an amicable solution. It would seem however that the incensed few are still fuming and cant let it lie.

Dangle_kt

posted on 12/9/07 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
Well, i would say that AVO have fully redeemed themselves with the reply.

"I apologise if i have misled people with my post and if they found it to be aggressive,this was not my intention at all.

All Avo units are rebuildable and we make all efforts to do so, however there are rare occasions when the returned units are beyond economical repair, it has always been our policy to offer the customer a new replacement unit at a full discounted trade price,when this occurs.

If this has not been the case in this instance then I again apologise and will be more than happy to speak to the gentleman in question directly and come to a mutually amicable agreement.

Many Thanks

Nigel"

I would say that should be case closed and the 2 involved find an amicable solution. It would seem however that the incensed few are still fuming and cant let it lie.

Do you think that he would have ate humble pie if he hadn't read all the irrate people's posts??

Imagine going to visit his factory, you speak with him and he would likley repley simiilar to his first responce. In that situations you don't have the peer pressure of a few hundred maybe even thousand people making him change his mind.

If he is an idiot on a forum in front of an audience of customers, imagine what he could be like 1 to 1...

Admittedly he might have been having a bad day, but still - gotta set alarm bells off, with or without an appology!

NS Dev

posted on 13/9/07 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Whilst AVO's reponse was pretty daft, and not indicative of somebody wise, I don't think it warranted the typical forum style slagging that it got.

There was no evidence whatsoever as to the condition of the shocks that were sent back, but as usual the forum lynch mob shouted guilty before any facts were heard.

I have to say this really infuriates me, and thankfully its not too common on here.

I tend to recommend good suppliers, and let my silence do the talking on poor ones, although I will sometimes recommend against a supplier, it certainly won't amount to childish slagging off.

Helped to remind me why I don't bother with pistonheads, seems there are a lot of sheep on there!

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.