Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: What's this then?
akumabito

posted on 24/9/07 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
What's this then?

Always fun to see people try something different I guess.. too bad so often it just doesn't work out!

DavidM

posted on 24/9/07 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
That's the first Locost to go through the SVA test. It belongs to and was built by Jonathan from Peterborough. It has a 1300 CVH engine and is used as a daily driver.

See here:
http://locost.bonhomie.biz/mainframe.htm

click on "members" and scroll down.

It's all scratch built and is a great car. Your final comment shows you have not fully grasped the concept of a Locost.

David

[Edited on 24/9/07 by DavidM]

BenB

posted on 24/9/07 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
It's not the prettiest car in existence but I can't argue with the amount spent on it. Dynamically it doesn't look any worse or any better than 99% of 7's out there.....

Good job

gezer

posted on 24/9/07 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Apart from the grill i quite like it,
with a 1930's style grill that would look pretty good and even the steel rims match

I'm to old to live and to young to die --- buggerit

Mole

posted on 24/9/07 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
With that grill I didn't recognise it as a locost at first glance. Very classic styling and cost less than I've spent already
blakep82

posted on 24/9/07 at 10:24 PM Reply With Quote
to think the original locost cost only a little more than the steering collumn on my car

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

Peteff

posted on 24/9/07 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
When I went for SVA there was a car there which had been built in a month from all new parts and his exhaust cost more than my car I like that, it looks like a proper old roadster.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

scoop

posted on 25/9/07 at 01:34 AM Reply With Quote
I thought it was Brum
locoR1

posted on 25/9/07 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
I've just been looking for a more recent pictures of Jonathan's car but cant find them!

Hes recently changed the nose to a robin hood nose cone ready to put the car up for sale, in his words "to make the car look more normal and make it easier to sell" Reason for sale to make room for Locost number 2 to be built!

Believe it or not he probably does more miles in a year than most of us have done in our cars with regular trips to Wales and Scotland and also uses it as his daily drive rain or shine or even snow!!!!!!!!

I've seen a picture of it under about 2 foot of snow on one of his trips to Wales (shame I cant find that either looks like I deleted them)

As they say "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" each to there own that's what locosts are all about you build it how you want it to look!

Dave..........................

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.