Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Avon ACB10 question
macspeedy

posted on 4/10/07 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Avon ACB10 question

How sticky are these on the gauge of stickiness ?
Wadders

posted on 4/10/07 at 07:10 PM Reply With Quote
I would say similar to a toyo 888 or a yoko A032. Although being a crossply you need a different suspension set up to get the best out of them, probably lighter than either of the above, but far more expensive.

Al.

Originally posted by macspeedy
How sticky are these on the gauge of stickiness ?

macspeedy

posted on 4/10/07 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
got a bit of a bargin i think

ACB10

hobbsy

posted on 4/10/07 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'd say sticker than r888 and definitely the lightest tyres I've come across. Wouldn't want to use them in the damp / rain though whereas the r888's are better than you'd expect.

You can get acb10's ex formula ford quite cheap if they are for track only use (as those ones aren't road legal).

hobbsy

posted on 4/10/07 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by macspeedy
got a bit of a bargin i think

ACB10

Yeah thats good money, probably helped by the "AC B10" bit in the title.

Might want to check they aren't ex-Formula Ford ones though if you are thinking of using them on the road.

Wadders

posted on 4/10/07 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest they're not that bad in the wet if your mindful of them.
I once drove home from york dragway in torrential rain with a pair on the back, and progressively drove faster to explore their limits, not as arse clenching as you might think, infact iv'e had scarier moments on 888's.

Al.

Originally posted by hobbsy
Wouldn't want to use them in the damp / rain though whereas the r888's are better than you'd expect.

BenB

posted on 4/10/07 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
My bro crashed in the RGB race @ Mallory Park due to running ACB10s in the wet (unpredicted midsummer thunder storm so he hadn't taken the wets)...
Barrel-rolled the Fury Blackbird and almost killed himself... They changed the tyres to a058s afterwards (as well as introducing a new rule about fuel fillers in flexible tubs!!)....

I'll stick with my a539s... EVen if my bro says they're ditch-hunters after a few years (even if they've got good thread they because unsticky quickly)...

adamhay

posted on 5/10/07 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
ACB10 stickiness is dependent upon compound. A24 is the softest commonly used road compound. Then normally A33 (standard Caterham s3 compound). I don't know what FF control tyres are, or even if they are the same compound every year (doubt they are).
So, basically, check the compound before you buy any to make sure the tyres suit your purpose.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.