Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: OMEX Rotrex kit for the 4AGE 20V
bimbleuk

posted on 7/12/07 at 05:58 AM Reply With Quote
OMEX Rotrex kit for the 4AGE 20V

There's a few people with the 4AGE 20V engine fitted on this forum so maybe someone will be interested in this.

This should be the final version of the OMEX Rotrex supercharger kit. The kit should be available sometime in January so sorry I don't know the pricing of it yet. I believe the complete kit will include a fully mapped OMEX ECU and timing gear. I don't believe they intend to sell partial kits unless you are using an OMEX ECU already. This is to allow them to recoup development costs!

The initial install is for the Striker but as its a very compact install I would expect it to transfer to other kit car chassis quite easily.

Base kit will use the Rotrex C30-74 and increase power to at least 220BHP and about 170 lbs ft. There will probably be at least one upgrade option on top of this limited by the standard injectors.

Using the C30-94 I've been running 270BHP and 195 lbs ft for several months without issue. So I believe the kit is a good compromise between power and reliability.

Litemoth

posted on 7/12/07 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
Yum Yum!!

I want one.

It's going to hurt though isn't it.....

Ivan

posted on 7/12/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
I also want - but also think it will hurt.

Must say the minimal belt contact on water pump pulley would worry me a bit though, also would like the alternator on the other side of the motor to make steering location simpler.

Will deffinitely copy timing pickup bracket though very neat.

We need a thumbs up icon for inclusion in messages on this site.

[Edited on 7/12/07 by Ivan]

r3nuf

posted on 7/12/07 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Dear Santa.

I have been a very good boy this year.

This looks fabulous, and i too, would like one!

Think i had better start saving.

Drive Fast....Brake Late....Take Chances

bimbleuk

posted on 7/12/07 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
The water pump belt contact is similar on both the OMEX demo car and mine. I've been running my car for several months and a few thousand miles. The temps have never gone above 90 degC and recently around Llandow the temps were around 88deg C though ambient was 10 degC.

As for the alternator location they went that way to simplify the kit and re-use the large Toyota alternator. In the pic below you can see I used a small alternator and mounted it below the exhaust manifold. either way works.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.