Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ebay Tos@er
pjavon

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay Tos@er

I suppose i was going to get one sooner or later, 100 per cent feed back after 56 dealings but i think it's about to end. Sold a ps2 on ebay and because it hasn't arrived in 5days the idiot is demanding his money back
Had near enough an email a day from the clown moaning from the start that the postage was to much. The royal mail charge was £8.24 second class and i had put £10 for delivery so with a pound or so for bubble wrap etc i thought it was reasonable. O.K. he says the package hasn't arrived yet, and i agree i thought it would of got there by now( sent on tuesday morning) but i have had 5 emails of him with the last one demanding a full refund. As i've not had any trouble before i'm not sure what to do next, shall i contact ebay or leave it and see what happens in the next few days.
Any ebay advice please
Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

kev R1

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
leave it e-bay won't do anything untill 14 days is up!
kev R1

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:29 PM Reply With Quote
leave it e-bay won't do anything untill 14 days is up!
bob

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:32 PM Reply With Quote
I've started sending valued parcels by courier sign for, i have just had the same experiance with an ebay buyer and had to refund

The problem with ebay/paypal is the buyer seems to have all the protection, they will just take the money and give it back, 5 days isnt that long as standard parcels quote 3 to 5 days for delivery.

I might even stop selling on the bay and advertise on forums, might even be an idea swapping other goods for car parts or vicer versa.

Just as a matter of interest what area were you sending to as i have had 3 bad experiances with the same ish place/area so far.

[Edited on 9/12/07 by bob]

madrallysport

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
As above leave to ebay, this has happened to me in the past, I now send everything recorded delivery, so I can track items.

UNDERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
OVERSTEER is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
HORSEPOWER is how fast you hit the wall.
TORQUE is how far you take the wall with you.

mookaloid

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
hopefully you sent it by recorded delivery and you can get proof that it has arrived when it does.

he won't have a leg to stand on then.

good luck

mark

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

scootz

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
Leave it and see what happens Paul.

You can only be honest and tell your story if he does file a negative.

Hellfire

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'd send him an e-mail and ask him to give it a few more days to turn up and quote e-bays policy of at least 10 days.

Personally, I'd have sent it recorded delivery but I guess that's of no consolation to you now. I don't suppose you have proof of postage?

Phil

JoelP

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:42 PM Reply With Quote
have to say it seems very silly sending something expensive by second class post - this isnt insured is it? If you dont get it signed for, you have no comeback whatsoever when he says it didnt arrive - think about it, its a free PS2! Of course he will say it didnt arrive! Fingers crossed he's an honest chap. Id suspect myself that he already has it though
bonzoronnie

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
Ebay buyers

Hi,

This is just typical of some Ebay buyers. Is he a newby by any chance, they seem to be the worse.

As already stated. I would leave it a few more days, Ebay will not get involved for 14 days.

I don't think the postage you have charged is unreasonable. Dont forget, Paypal take a nice cut from the postage money.

All you can do in the meanwhile is try to reassure the buyer that you have sent the item out.

What's their feedback as a buyer like??

Personally, I never leave feedback for a buyer untill I have recieved theirs.

I hope it works out OK

Ronnie

toady

posted on 9/12/07 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
In my experience, if it was sent by parcel post, it takes 5 or 6 days to arrive.
Danozeman

posted on 9/12/07 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
If it was sent 2nd class id give it a few more days. You cant be responsible for after the post office has is ianyway. Did u get proof of postage??

He sounds like a fussy F****er he may well even have it and is trying to pull a fast one.

Wait and see dude. If you sent it tuesday its not even been a week. If it still doesnt turn up leave it to ebay and dont give him his money back unless you are forced. How do u know hes not scamming scum.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

BenB

posted on 9/12/07 at 07:25 PM Reply With Quote
I think I'd remind him that the postage was 2nd class and its Christmas time (so the delivery times are a bit slower).....

Hope you sent it 2nd class recorded (is there such a thing?). Unless you can prove he received it, Ebay will demand you refund it

Sounds like he's being a gimp..... He could have asked you how much it would cost to send it next day delivery etc if he needed it that quickly...

billynomates

posted on 9/12/07 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Last year I won an auction on ebay for a 1998 fireblade, think I got it for about £1750.00, anyway, a couple of days after the end of the auction the seller contacted me to say it had sold 4 days earlier somewhere else (No mention of it being advertised elsewhere). Personally, I dont think the guy was prepared to sell it as I was getting a bargain.
I emailed the bloke to ask how he was gonna resolve it and, after about 5 days, got no response, so I left him -ve feedback, so the twonk then went and left me some saying I didn't give him chance to sort it out.

Best thing was when you looked at other items he'd purchased, there was a penis enlargment kit in there.
So he really was a little prick

Cant tell you how tempting it was to list the item number for the knob enhancer in his feedback comment, for all to see.

Dangle_kt

posted on 9/12/07 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
if it aint signed for then he could claim it never arrived, get his money back AND you keep the ps2 as a xmas present for free.

Courier is the best way, it would have been cheaper than post office, next day with signature and insured.

If this aint scared you off from distance selling then I'd suggest that as a good route for the future.

fingers crossed it works out ok.

If it was me I'd be very friendly on the messages. its better that way.

snippy

posted on 9/12/07 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
He must be an a*#ehole if he thinks something sent by 2nd class at this time of year is gonna arrive within 5 days! I bought something off ebay last weekend, the seller posted it 2nd class last monday and I`m still waiting but I`m not kicking up a stink. At this time of year parcels and letters must increase tremendously. I also don`t think the postal system is back to normal after their strikes a couple of months back. I sent a parcel to someone in London and it took 5 weeks to get there! Tell him to wait a few more days and be patient. Where`s his christmas spirit?
Nick

ReMan

posted on 9/12/07 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry to say I think if he's started kicking up a fuss about it not arriving overnight, the chances are it's to reinforce his case for it never arriving at all, as suggested, free playstation.
But , I hope not and he's just an impatient arse

worX

posted on 10/12/07 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote
I've never really had any problems with the postal service, so I thought that standard parcels would be a suitable method of sending something over to MNR.

I sent it on Saturday 24th November with a delivery time of 3 - 5 days and they say it still hasn't arrived yet!! I just hope it turns up soon as this is a bit too long to wait....

Steve

MikeRJ

posted on 10/12/07 at 08:51 AM Reply With Quote
You can get recorded delivery on second class post, it only costs about 70p on top of normal price. I dearly hope the OP paid for it as he's in poo river with no means of propulsion otherwise.
bimbleuk

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Personally I usually set the postage to free and include the cost in the item price. I also rarely use the auction option and stick to a buy it now listing. If I allow offers then set the parameters so anything below an acceptable offer is automatically rejected.

I do use auctions though as it can be quite interesting just to see what you can get for some things. Just not the stuff I'm only after a reasonble return on.

Apart from that keep the buyer informed, always use ebay for comms and recored everything.

pjavon

posted on 10/12/07 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Yeah looks like i've learned my lesson, not everyone is as honest or polite, mind you i don't think my last email was so polite it did get a reaction (But wrote by someone else i think by the wording, maybe his dad). Proberly not the right thing to do but the arsehole was pissing me off by then.
We'll see what happens, hopefully just some impatient kid that wants it the next day.
Can i stop him from bidding on any other items i may put on ebay as i don't want to have to deal with this idiot again, although he proberly won't use me again anyway, it would just be nice to know how to stop him.
Thanks for all the help
Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

SaveTheDodo

posted on 10/12/07 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Paul - Did you get a receipt when posting?? When I have sent Ebay items using Standard Parcels, the receipt has had the recipients Postcode and house number on. (This is because there is a compensation level of £30 ISTR on this service.)

When you let people who are just impatient know you have this receipt, they often remember just what a poor postal service we now have, while chancers just happen to receive it the next day.....

Andrew

pjavon

posted on 10/12/07 at 01:52 PM Reply With Quote
Yes i have a receipt Andrew, so i took a picture of it and emailed it to him and, like you said, it has his post code and house number on it which i pointed out to him and asked him to email me when it arrived. He said he would, we shall see. I will only send recorded after this as advised in earlier posts, shame though as it means genuine people end up paying more because of a few idiots.
Thanks Paul

bonzoronnie

posted on 10/12/07 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
Bidder blocking

Hi Paul.

You can indeed block users from bidding on your items.

You will have to navigate to your user profile, seller preferences & add the little scroat to your blocked bidder list.

If you have proof of posting you should not have too much trouble.

I hope all ends well,

Ronnie

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.