Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: XJ6 Valet Switch
Ian Pearson

posted on 15/12/07 at 01:21 PM Reply With Quote
XJ6 Valet Switch

A friend of mine has a 1997 XJ6 3.2 Exec on a P plate. His lad pressed the valet switch, and as he only has the valet key and no fob, he can’t open the boot. Do any of you have access to a detailed wiring diagram that would show the valet switch wiring, and/or a diagram of the boot lock in situ?

Regards, Ian.

stevebubs

posted on 15/12/07 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Surely he should be able to get a replacement original fob?

Probably not cheap, though...

ecosse

posted on 15/12/07 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
To get the boot open, take the number plate off and he will see a hole in the metal behind it, then, using thin nosed pliers push them through the hole (might need to enlarge the hole a bit depending on the pliers used) and grab the metal rod which is on the inside of the hole and lever it sideways, this releases the boot catch.
I think if you then disconnect the battery it will reset the valet mode, but if not you could ask on jag-lovers for the answer

hope that helps

Cheers
Alex

MkIndy7

posted on 15/12/07 at 02:57 PM Reply With Quote
You might be best removing that last comment and U2U Ian Pearson instead, otherwise you'll have lots of nervous Jaguar owners should the information come to be in the wrong hands!

[Edited on 15/12/07 by MkIndy7]

Confused but excited.

posted on 15/12/07 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Why don't Jag owners want the boot cleaned?

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

BenB

posted on 15/12/07 at 04:55 PM Reply With Quote
Presumably not cleaned of their laptop / briefcase / golf clubs and other stuff people stupidly leave in their boots.

Me, I've just got some muddy walking boots and a bag of bird feed.....

Mr Whippy

posted on 15/12/07 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ecosse
To get the boot open, take the number plate off and he will see a hole in the metal behind it, then, using thin nosed pliers push them through the hole (might need to enlarge the hole a bit depending on the pliers used) and grab the metal rod which is on the inside of the hole and lever it sideways, this releases the boot catch.
I think if you then disconnect the battery it will reset the valet mode, but if not you could ask on jag-lovers for the answer

hope that helps

Cheers
Alex

your kidding?

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Ian Pearson

posted on 16/12/07 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ecosse

hope that helps

Cheers
Alex

Thanks Alex. If there is a hole behind the number plate, it may have been put there by someone who suffered the same problem. This is mentioned by Jag folk, but it seems a shame to go drilling holes in the bodywork when a wiring diagram would do.

ecosse

posted on 16/12/07 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Thanks Alex. If there is a hole behind the number plate, it may have been put there by someone who suffered the same problem. This is mentioned by Jag folk, but it seems a shame to go drilling holes in the bodywork when a wiring diagram would do.

Hole is already there, no drilling required, and I doubt the wiring diagram will be of any help as it is controled via the security computer.

quote:

You might be best removing that last comment and U2U Ian Pearson instead, otherwise you'll have lots of nervous Jaguar owners should the information come to be in the wrong hands!

It's common knowledge and available to anyone who asks, on any of the Jag boards, and there is no way to access the interior of the car throught the boot (at least not without a hell of a lot of work!)

Cheers
Alex

ecosse

posted on 16/12/07 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

your kidding?

Nope

Cheers

Alex

Ian Pearson

posted on 16/12/07 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
No hole on this one. Hole has to be drilled to allow lock catch to be accessed.
Directions on web specifically say to drill hole.

JAG

Thanks for the input though.

Ian Pearson

posted on 17/12/07 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
Alex,

I've just been talking to my buddy with the Jag. He's been on a Jag website, and you are absolutely right. There is a small hole, covered in a small muslin type patch, and then sprayed over, making it hard to see. Humblest apologies!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.