Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: blackbird BEC
IDONTBELEIVEIT

posted on 13/1/08 at 09:54 PM Reply With Quote
blackbird BEC

hello there,just been and brought a 2003 westfield seiw with a sierra lump in it,also a 1999 injection blackbird engine, A: can anybody send me a link to a detailed build diary,B:can anybody set me straight before i go wrong C:can anybody send me some pictures of my blackbird engine so i can find out where all the bloody pipes go and how the loom needs to be modified kind regards wayno!!!
Jon Ison

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, 1st welcome...........

2nd, will try and offer advise on B & C.

If you have done nothing at all towards your Bird install then I would consider selling it and maybe looking at an R1 or ZX12 engine maybe, there are others to before I get shouted at.

Reason:- If you don't spend some money on the oil system of the Bird engine it will sooner rather than later go pop on you, they simply do not like been turned thru 90 then put in a seven type chassis.

Maybe not what you wanted to hear but best said now rather than weeks, months into the installation.

All IMHO but I know what I would do.

IDONTBELEIVEIT

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
thanks jon but ive ordered the dry sump kit from nova racing,and am keen to crack on do you have any advice
hobbsy

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
I'd second that after having been there and blow one up.

Its not exactly a light engine and by the time you've added the extra weight (and cost) or a dry sump kit the extra torque it has over an R1 or similar is pretty much lost in the power to weight decrease...

Jon Ison

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
Yea, carry on, your obviously aware of the oil needs for this motor, I don't have access to any install pics at the moment as I'm out of the country but can maybe help later with pics etc.......
welderman

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
How do fella, i used to have the same girl as an atvar, but was told it was not work safe.
Just a freindly word mate, i loved it and her.

Thank's, Joe

I don't stalk people

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/23/viewthread.php?tid=172301

Back on with the Fisher Fury R1

zxrlocost

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Id be safe at work looking at it

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

zxrlocost

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
on a second note becareful what your going to spend on it as above the other engines offer as good performance reliability for what your going to ££ into it

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

zxrlocost

posted on 13/1/08 at 10:44 PM Reply With Quote
on a second note becareful what your going to spend on it as above the other engines offer as good performance reliability for what your going to ££ into it

blue2cv

posted on 13/1/08 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
www.megabird.co.uk detailed build
Toady1

posted on 13/1/08 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
good engine to go for, especially with a dry sump kit! very easy to do the conversion mate, did it myself last year with a 954cc blade. good luck!
Hellfire

posted on 14/1/08 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
Firstly - welcome to the fold.

Personally I too would avoid the Blackbird - although a good engine, they are not exactly infallible in a Car. I've know people spend lots on 'em only to be let down and eventually change as even dry sumping isn't guaranteed to stop it letting go...

Just my 2p...

Steve

tks

posted on 14/1/08 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
i would go ZX10 or if you can afford more...

more.....

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

ChrisGamlin

posted on 14/1/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
If you stick with the 'bird conversion, have a look at www.westicles.net/ as the Yellow car on there is a car engine'd Westie that was converted to a Blackbird. The build diary is 6-7 years old now but it should give you some ideas for engine mounts etc.

Chris

[Edited on 14/1/08 by ChrisGamlin]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.