Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Aeon Epona
Fred W B

posted on 11/5/08 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
Cool

Has work started on the coupe full size body pattern yet?

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

Gaz 1977

posted on 11/5/08 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
I think the removable top could work really well, it should give you the best of both.

We a going to start the full size very soon, but its alot easier to try different ideas at quarter scale, and i want to get the thing spot on.

I have done too much work on the project to mess it up at the last minute.

Gaz

DIY Si

posted on 11/5/08 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
OOh, I like that I do. It's a good way of getting around the fixed roof coupe thing, which for me, is a good thing, as I'd want to take the roof when it's nice and sunny. Anyone else think it looks a little bit of a cross of these:

Alfa 8C
Alfa 8C

[Edited on 11/5/08 by DIY Si]

rusty nuts

posted on 11/5/08 at 10:42 AM Reply With Quote
Liked the coupe loads. Love the open car. Is there room to store the top in the car?
DIY Si

posted on 11/5/08 at 11:12 AM Reply With Quote
Oh, if that's the third model, what are the first two? I though the current model was number 1?
Gaz 1977

posted on 11/5/08 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think there would be space for the roof in the car, but we shall see.

Si, there was the blue model, the red one and the new one will be the third. there are pics of all the development on the site somewhere.

Thanks chaps

gaz

DIY Si

posted on 12/5/08 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
Ah I see. I've not seen pics of the red and the blue side by side, so I thought you'd just sprayed the blue one red!
garyo

posted on 14/5/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
A no-roof option makes the car much more attractive as a proposition to me. It becomes a modernised (wider/longer at least!) Caterham 21 / Fury.

I like it!

Gary

Gaz 1977

posted on 15/5/08 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks, the mods to the model should not take too long, the problem is i can only work on it in the evenings and at weekends but we will be making the buck as soon as it done, In the meantime the boys at aeon will be working on the chassis.

Si, the blue one became the red one with the cunning use of a bandsaw and two large tins of upol filler.

Gaz

DIY Si

posted on 15/5/08 at 01:45 PM Reply With Quote
I remember now! I'd completely forgotten you'd widen it. Any idea how progress is going with the model at Aeon?
jabbahutt

posted on 16/5/08 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
how have I missed this thread for so long!!! oh it's because i spend all my time trying to find answers to questions regarding my current build.

The open top looks stunning and the option of a removeable roof only adds to the appeal.

Truly a work of art and at the prices being mentioned I'd be queueing up to get a kit.

Keep up the good work and the progress posts

Nigel

DIY Si

posted on 18/5/08 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Gazz, you know you did that photoshop in black for me? Any chance you'd be able to do me another one but in white? And, if it's not too much bother, black wheels? Thank you!!
Gaz 1977

posted on 27/5/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I know its not what you wanted Si, But ive been busy.

Here's a sketch of the possible rear open top.

Gaz Rescued attachment rear rendering epona s.jpg
Rescued attachment rear rendering epona s.jpg

AndyTTC

posted on 27/5/08 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Yummy! I'm just trying to think how practical (or otherwise) the hard-top would be...I've always never really liked open-top cars, but I'm trying to talk myself into wanting this over the coupe!

Have you done any sketches of how the hard-top would fit/look on the car?

Gaz 1977

posted on 3/6/08 at 07:13 AM Reply With Quote
The hard top will look much the same as before, apart from a seem line where it joins the body, the car will still have a boot .

There a details to work out in the next model, but i cant see any problems. I am a lot better at working in 3d then on paper.

I should have a couple of 1/4 scale bodies to play with very soon, so it wont be too long before the are pics on here of the FINAL FINAL design....

I am sorry About the apparent lack of progress but we are all working on it as best we can. I want to make sure the design is as good as i can make it, before we go full size. It wont be long....

Thanks

Gaz

DIY Si

posted on 3/6/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Don't worry GAZ, the longer you take, the more likely I am to have got the money to pay for one!
Oh, got my donor car now too! Looks like I'll be having the Alfa lump after all.

clairetoo

posted on 3/6/08 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
I`m getting a bit confused........I`ve fallen in love with a 2 door coupe , drop dead gorgeous and useable in all weathers - will it be available as that ? I`m not interested in a soft-top or removable hard top...........please tell me I`ll be able to buy the one I want ?

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

DIY Si

posted on 4/6/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
From what I can gather, there will be two versions of the Epona, one being the full coupe, which I want, and an open top version with a removable hard top.
Best bet is probably to ring Aeon.

Gaz 1977

posted on 4/6/08 at 10:16 PM Reply With Quote
This is the plan.

The Epona will be available as an open top with a boot

the boot pannel can be removed and replaced with the hard top. still retaining the boot.

The removable hard top will look the same as the original design (red model) apart from a shut line

If anyone wants a epona with a fixed roof the separate parts can be fibreglassed as one piece. The shut line can be removed.

So in essence, you can have what you want.

I hope this clears things up.

Thanks

Gaz

DIY Si

posted on 5/6/08 at 07:07 AM Reply With Quote
Ah, I didn't realise the plans had changed that much! Looks like I need to ring Aeon and have a chat about things.
clairetoo

posted on 5/6/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
That looks like a no for me , then If I wanted a leaky open car - I`d stick with the fury.............

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

AndyTTC

posted on 5/6/08 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
Well, if at order time we can specify the coupe - i.e. the hard top permanently attached to the body with no shut lines - then it's a definite nod from me!

As good as the convertible looks in Gaz's sketches, I'm still not convinced about the whole open top thing - it's just not for me!

DIY Si

posted on 5/6/08 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
That's what I'm hoping Aeon will do, let us order it with a fully attached roof. I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say about it, because I'm with Claire on that bit. A large part of the appeal is not getting rained on for once!
clairetoo

posted on 5/6/08 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
That's what I'm hoping Aeon will do, let us order it with a fully attached roof. I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say about it, because I'm with Claire on that bit. A large part of the appeal is not getting rained on for once!

Yep - if its not a fixed roof , with no `join lines` , it looks like I will just stick with my Fury .
After all - how many open topped cars do we need ? The way this thread has been going , the majority opinion seemed to be leave the roof on , for that very reason............

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

DIY Si

posted on 5/6/08 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
In all fairness though, I'd imagine the final decision is down to Aeon, and they need to try and get the most variants out of 1 shell as I'd guess it to be the most expensive part of the project. Hence the compromise of a shut line on the hard top, but the ability to have a soft top to. If, as Gaz suggested, they're able to offer it 'glassed on, then everyone's a winner.
<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.