Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy Spec R - Complete Kit Car
paulmw

posted on 22/1/08 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
MK Indy Spec R - Complete Kit Car

Theres a review of the Spec R in Februarys 2008 Complete Kitcar mag. I think its the car discussed on here before..........

They like it very much. "one of the best"
[....heads for cover.....]

StevieB

posted on 22/1/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
The problem with the kit car mags is that they say that about everything - I can't ever remember them saying anything bad about a kit.
TimC

posted on 22/1/08 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Two words - "Advertising Revenues."

It's a real shame - I'd love to see some objective journalism.

In fairness to the likes of Clarkson et al in Top Gear and my favourite, EVO if something isn't up to scratch then they say so - but they can afford to. If they upset Audi, BMW will fill the advertising void for example.

Unfortunately, the kit-car rags are reliant on lots of small advertisments. They simply do not have the distribution to support free written thought.

David Jenkins

posted on 22/1/08 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
I remember a couple of reviews of the Toniq R last year - there were some criticisms, and if you read between the lines (not difficult) it was quite clear that they were unimpressed.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 22/1/08 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
We all no kit car magazines have a vested interest in promoting all kit car manufacturers,I don't think any of us are that naive to think other wise,but in my opinion generally they give us a fair and honest overview of the cars they feature,scoring the cars for performance,practicality etc and so helping any prospective builders to make a informed choice.
I think the builder of this car and a member of this forum,deserves a pat on the back for getting his car featured in the magazine,and for in my opinion,not only building the best looking MK Indy I have seen,but also the best quality finished Indy Ive seen,well done.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

kev R1

posted on 22/1/08 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
looks alright but imho not the best!
steep asking price too!

CraigJ

posted on 22/1/08 at 05:06 PM Reply With Quote
That Indy looks even better in the fleash. I saw it at the ackworth meet before Xmas. Its stunning.

paulmw

posted on 22/1/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
Obviously I will be biased towards the Spec R but I thought the write up was reasonably fair.

Well done that man for building a cool car

mad gaz
Builder

Posts 190
Registered 20/9/07
Location doncaster

Photo Archive Go!
Building: indy blade built indy spec r ,another indy r busa

posted on 22/1/08 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for the great comments on the car its now not for sale cant bring myself to part with it .as for it being the best indy im not so sure .car are like women we all like different types and we all like looking at other peoples .i find myself looking at yours all the time paul ,car i mean .going on to the magazine artical great news and report for MK SPORTSCARS after all the hard work with the help of mad dave Rescued attachment autosports show 2008 010.jpg
Rescued attachment autosports show 2008 010.jpg

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/1/08 at 12:03 AM Reply With Quote
By the looks of it Mad Gaz you have been carrying out a few mods since the last time I saw it,looks even better now,it looks a bit like a Aston martin

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.