Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hi Spec customer service
pjavon

posted on 25/1/08 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Spec customer service

Hi has anyone had issues with there customer service. I've bought some alloy hubs off them and they've sent me the wrong inner bearing and after 4 phone calls, all of which they said they'd call me back and didn't i had to called them back, i'm still waiting for an answer after a week. Starting to get a bit pis@ed off with them now and just wondering if thats there usual game, mess you about until you give up chasing them.
The ones in my steel hubs do seem fine so i could use them, but as i've paid for new ones i would of liked to fit them.
Thanks Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

UncleFista

posted on 25/1/08 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pjavon
Hi has anyone had issues with there customer service.

Looks like you're not the only ONE

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

mistergrumpy

posted on 25/1/08 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
Yes I've heard loads of tales, mainly off here about their customer service. Seems its been ongoing for a while. Annoying waiting for stuff thats out of your control isn't it. I don't envy you. Just keep ringing every week.

chockymonster

posted on 25/1/08 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
I wasn't aware Hi-Spec have any customer service?

Most cowboy organisation I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. Shoddy product and sod all care.

If all you are out is the price for bearings then it'll be cheaper to buy them elsewhere.

Send them a letter telling them they have 7 days to issue you a refund otherwise you'll file in the small claims court.

It's the only way you'll get any money from them

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Jasper

posted on 25/1/08 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Stick with Rally Design - always excellent service IMHO....

If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

David Jenkins

posted on 25/1/08 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Stick with Rally Design - always excellent service IMHO....

Ditto for Burtons - if you want Ford bits, and often cheaper than ebay for stuff!

Paul M

posted on 25/1/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
Amazed these people are still in business,
see hear,
WSCC site

Personally, I have orderded disks and calipers twice from Hi spec ( over the phone, actually speaking to someone), I am still waiting for any sign of a delivery.
Ordered once from Rally design, arrrived and fitted without problems 1 day later.

No contest. These clowns really deserve to be named, shamed and driven out of business. This has been going on for years.

pjavon

posted on 25/1/08 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replys, sounds lucky for me it's only the wheel bearings. Can't believe i didn't see anything before about how crap they are
Oh well you live and learn, i just assumed with them being around for a while they were o.k.
It's answered my question anyway, can't be arsed with the hassle for a bearing, i know i should chase it up on principal but when you read the stories of people who have spent over a £1000 getting no where for anything up to 18 weeks i think i'll just put it down to experiance
Paul

Always keep a big hammer and a condom in your toolbox, if you can't fix it with the hammer

DarrenW

posted on 25/1/08 at 03:18 PM Reply With Quote
I hope it is only the wheel bearings. After reading the postsin links above i think ill be checking the run-out and tolerances etc before too much time passes by.

jkarran

posted on 25/1/08 at 05:36 PM Reply With Quote
'Customer service issues' go back at least 3 years, we had no end of bother getting brakes on the rally car sorted. Leaky seals, scratched pistons after 'repair', un-returned calls etc etc. Not impressive.

Willwood bits from Rally design are similar spec and price + RD are incredibly easy to deal with and put mistakes right on the day you call, no questions asked.

rusty nuts

posted on 25/1/08 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
I have Hi spec calipers on my car . If I build another I will not be using them again.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.