Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: bec clutch - greater range
dan__wright

posted on 11/2/08 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
bec clutch - greater range

i tried to drive the car yesterday, the only thing the clutch is pretty much on or off, there is less than an inch movement of the pedal from full on to full off.

i would like to give the blutch a greater range so am thinking of extending the clutch arm on the box but need to mount the threaded end of the clutch cable somewhere, anyone done this, if so any pics? or is it just something you get used to?

Thanks.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

smart51

posted on 11/2/08 at 02:24 PM Reply With Quote
mount your cable closer to the pivot on your pedal. Job done. My cable is connected to the pedal with an M5 rod end (if memory serves). It is within 1mm of touching the pivot. It gives quite a long travel, comparitavely, which makes it more useable.
nitram38

posted on 11/2/08 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
My car is R1 powered and I have done my clutch the other way around.
I have a matched wilwood master and pull slave cylinder.
I worked out the pull at 34mm and I took the freeplay out off the clutch lever and then worked out the extra length of the clutch lever required.
This should mean more feel at the pedal end.

Description
Description

[img][/img]

dan__wright

posted on 11/2/08 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
mount your cable closer to the pivot on your pedal. Job done. My cable is connected to the pedal with an M5 rod end (if memory serves). It is within 1mm of touching the pivot. It gives quite a long travel, comparitavely, which makes it more useable.

yeah i did think about that, not sure if i have enough space on the peddal thoug, its already pretty close.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

jkarran

posted on 11/2/08 at 03:27 PM Reply With Quote
I made a (simple circular) cam at the pedal end for the cable to run over then made a new arm at the clutch end (mostly to suit the new cable orientation). Can't remember dimensions but mine is very smooth and progressive, better than my tintops.

Downside is it's a PITA to make and probably due to a slight misalignment/rub in the pedal box it has broken one (admittedly very weedy) cable.

jk

dan__wright

posted on 11/2/08 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jkarran
I made a (simple circular) cam at the pedal end for the cable to run over then made a new arm at the clutch end (mostly to suit the new cable orientation). Can't remember dimensions but mine is very smooth and progressive, better than my tintops.

Downside is it's a PITA to make and probably due to a slight misalignment/rub in the pedal box it has broken one (admittedly very weedy) cable.

jk

any pics?

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.