Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Unfinished Avon for sale
Viper

posted on 24/2/08 at 11:00 AM Reply With Quote
Unfinished Avon for sale

Some of you may well remember this car, there are plenty of pics in my gallery,
spent shed loads on it, all the nice bits and many custom made parts (suspension/uprights/fuel tank etc etc etc)

serious offers or i will break her up..

best to e mail me for a contact number if you have any questions.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bob

posted on 24/2/08 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
Hello tim, sad to hear you are selling up.

Pretty sure with all the extras and extra work you have done the car will sell pretty quick.

Viper

posted on 24/2/08 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
had a couple of people asking Questions so thought this might help....
chassis, moddified to take my own design rear wishbones and uprights, bodywork not currently attached, alloy paneled with stainless rivets, TVR race tuscan quick rack, cortina uprights with profesionaly overhauled capri 2.8i calipers, new 2.8i vented front discs, goodridge braided hoses throughout, all brake lines fitted and brakes bled with custom made adjustable bias peddal box, rear calipers are also profesionaly overhauled sierra with new discs, sierra LSD with new joints, front wishbones are wider than the original Avons and fit properly....stainless custom made fuel tank including sender with alloy fuel pipe running along the car. custom made rear roll hoop with supports, hoop is 50mm od 2.5mm wall cds tubing, 17" 8 spoke wheels, hella led and bulb rear lights (not fitted to body, proper headlights (not cheap crap) richfield rx7 seats unused, willians harnesses unused, complete set of telemetrix white faced instruments, 2 rolls of black auto carpet, moddified westfield gearshift remote with quickshift, RS2000 gearbox, engine is a Pinto using a 1976 RS2000 block (no emmisions testing) bored to 2.1 and decked main journals were also line bored, lightened and balanced rods with AP bolts, cobelschmidt pistons (2.8i capri, genuine 2.1 capacity) RS alloy sump high capacity oil pump, Group 4 big valve head can't remember what the cam is, pair of dellorto 45's, this engine was raced by me and dynoed at 160bhp before we bored it and was on webber 40's i expect this to be over 170, it has not been run since it was built. there is probably a lot more just can't think..all bearings, bushes etc are new....
forgot has a new clutch with hydraulic conversion...Avo shocks all round, vernier cam pulley,
This project realy is 99% complete. Also have a V5 on sorn from the "donner car"

[Edited on 24/2/2008 by Viper]

[Edited on 24/2/2008 by Viper]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mix

posted on 24/2/08 at 02:14 PM Reply With Quote
Someone is going to get a well thought out car here!!

Tim, you should really finish what you started ............ I've just gone back to mine after two years 'off'

Best regards whatever happens

Mick

stef030

posted on 24/2/08 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
avon for sale

could be just the very thing I am looking for,
work for a motor racing team,have full fabi,setup scales ect,
something to do in the evenings that I stop over at the workshops
could you give me a bell on 07815-618413 as we are doing a tyre test up your way this week
cheers
stef

that bit is flat out fella

Viper

posted on 25/2/08 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Just remembered the head has been converted to unleaded....

greggors84

posted on 25/2/08 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ive seen this car and have one of Vipers ali fuel tanks in my car.

The car is very nicely done, you can see the quality of the work in the car and on the tank i bought.

Just out of interest, what motorsport team do you work for Stef?

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

2b_pablo

posted on 26/2/08 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
can you U2U me a ballpark price please mate?

-----------------

if it aint broke... pull it off and upgrade it!

Viper

posted on 4/6/08 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
Have decided to break this car up, anyone interested in any part, please e-mail me.

scootz

posted on 4/6/08 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Hi. Just emailed you for a price (less bodywork and engine). Cheers. Scootz
bernmc

posted on 4/6/08 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
Viper, if you're still considering selling the lot as a package, let me know what sort of money you're looking for.

My run of busy weekends is coming to an end, so I'll be able to start looking at cars soon.

B

kipper

posted on 4/6/08 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Car for sale

you have u2u
Viper

posted on 4/6/08 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bernmc
Viper, if you're still considering selling the lot as a package, let me know what sort of money you're looking for.

My run of busy weekends is coming to an end, so I'll be able to start looking at cars soon.

B

PM sent

Viper

posted on 4/6/08 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kipper
you have u2u

never recieved...

Viper

posted on 4/6/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Hi. Just emailed you for a price (less bodywork and engine). Cheers. Scootz

PM sent

bernmc

posted on 4/6/08 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
replied...
Viper

posted on 12/6/08 at 05:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bernmc
replied...

Will hold off on breaking her up untill you get back, then if your not interested it will all go on e bay

bernmc

posted on 12/6/08 at 06:40 PM Reply With Quote
Back on the 25th, taking the gtr to abbey motorsport on Sat 28th, so will aim to pop in on the way if it's still available. Will phone when I'm back.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.