Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Sportscar
Aico

posted on 10/3/08 at 11:54 PM Reply With Quote
Sportscar

I actually bought a Striker this weekend. To make a long story short it's way to extreme for my liking. Having a short trip is fun, but any longer and it's just too much. I can handle a loud car, racing suspension etc so I thought a kitcar should be within my limits aswell. The wind and coldness is just too much for me so I need to go and look for another sportscar. I do like a lightweight car, let's say below a ton. Apart from the GTM Libra and Elise which other cars can you guys think of? The price used should be 8.000 Pounds max (askingprice). I can wait for a (small) bargain.

Some pics:

[Edited on 10/3/08 by Aico]

MikeR

posted on 11/3/08 at 12:01 AM Reply With Quote
ok, are you sure its too extreme?

It is damned cold you know, wait a few months, the car will sell easier and with warm clothes on you'll start to see the car in a hopefully different light.

what do you want the car for?

matt_claydon

posted on 11/3/08 at 12:04 AM Reply With Quote
Keep it 'til the summer and you might change your mind! I often wonder whether I should really keep my Indy during the winter months, but when the sun comes out I remember why it's worth it taking up the whole garage most of the year even though it's not used that much One good trip in great weather makes it all worth it.
alexdj125
Junior Builder

Posts 93
Registered 23/6/07

Photo Archive Go!
Building: an increasingly large carbon footprint!

posted on 11/3/08 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
I know this is completely off topic, but do you mind me asking how much you paid for it?

If it ain't broke- it soon will be!

Aico

posted on 11/3/08 at 12:57 AM Reply With Quote
3k for the car and around .5k for transport.
leto

posted on 11/3/08 at 05:27 AM Reply With Quote
As for wind, check that the deflector rise the air stream well over your head and don't dump it in your face. Any kind of doors will make a huge difference, and those clamshell fenders did come around for a purpose. A diffusion net on the rollbar might also help.

“I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is a round”. (J. Cash)

nitram38

posted on 11/3/08 at 05:45 AM Reply With Quote
My car is for sale on ebay at the moment.

[Edited on 11/3/2008 by nitram38]

speedyxjs

posted on 11/3/08 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
This is locostbuilders. Why not design and build doors and a roof for your car?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

ReMan

posted on 11/3/08 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
? Rescued attachment pc.jpg
Rescued attachment pc.jpg

Mr Whippy

posted on 11/3/08 at 08:15 AM Reply With Quote
honestly add a full screen + some clip on sidescreens, you wonder what all the fuss was about. I can fold my buggys screen down like a jeep and the wind at 70 is mind boggling, flip it up and it's lovely.

give it a go before you sell it.

what a gross little pink pig that is ^

[Edited on 11/3/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bimbleuk

posted on 11/3/08 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I've had my Striker for 4 years now and yes on occasion when I want to go for a drive I do pause and consider the conditions. Also sometimes I want to drive with my helmet off and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine.

So first thing as mentioned above you could try some side screens. Mine are simply the standard door shells without the upright or perspex screen. They just bolt on so I remove them when on track for maximum shoulder room. They make a huge difference to the cold air whipping around the seats.

Otherwise any mid-engine or RWD tin top or convertible stripped out to reduce weight.

caber

posted on 11/3/08 at 08:38 AM Reply With Quote
My car was a beast until I put on the windscreen and wind deflectors. now it is quite warm in the footwell once the car has got going this is just from engine heat, in act I have abandoned hte idea of putting a heater in it! i would also suggest getting a proper sheepskin flying jacket, they are really good for keeping you warm even if they get soaked. If you have a real problem with noise wear a full face helmet, it doesn't look to stupid in a 7 and certainly keeps the head warm.

I can't say that driving these cars in the rain is much fun but they are really nice on a sunny day even in winter!

Caber

worX

posted on 11/3/08 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
?

dhutch

posted on 11/3/08 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aico... and around .5k for transport.

Just noticed you in holland, and that makes sooo much more sence now!
- Shame you dont like the car, it looks nice, jelous!

Aico

posted on 11/3/08 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
I don't have a garage so the car has to sit outside. It's just not worth it for those maybe 3 months a year. When I get a job in maybe 2 years then I have enough money to just 'waste' it like this It's for sale now here in Holland, but it seems the companies there don't like me selling it for a low price. The ad got removed and I even got banned from the Dutch forum today.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.