Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Holy Grale comes home.
Johnmor

posted on 19/3/08 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
Holy Grale comes home.

I took home my lancia Integrale at the weekend. I bought it as a bit of an impulse buy and to be honest didn't pay very much for it so I didnt expect too much in return.

The car is a 1989 8v cat version, LHD and imported from switzerland in 1997.

Overall the car is in far better condition than I expected, having owned several Lancias before I was expecting significant rust on the underside and in all the usual areas, but to my real suprise the underside and the whole vehicle is in really great condition. There are a few bubbles on the paint work in a couple of places but is all superficial and considering its a 19 year old Italian car its quite suprising, My 2002 Peugeot is in worse shape on the underside.

So overall ,

Good points:

The car is structurally very sound
All the electrics work except drivers window. goes up but not down (switch)
Interior is complete and whole as original
Engine is quiet and has good oil pressure
Have receipts for over £6000 pounds of parts and labour in the last 6 years.
Goes really well

Bad points

Was registered as a cat D write off in 2002 as it had two front wings, bonnet, bumper vallance and lights. £4200 including labour.(cannot find any evidance of further damage, everything looks good)
Rear tailgate has a rust problem but got a repalcement with the car.
Cant seem to find the paint colour for the vehicle as I will need to touch up a few bits in the future.
Lowered springs by previous owner means the ride is hard, fine for a track but a bit hard for me, standard springs are hard to get.
The Turbo Overboost has been fiddled with to reduce boost pressure, I want to get it back to standard.

So , thats all so far . Im a bit concerned with the Cat D write off situation (Category D : A damaged vehicle which the insurer has decided not to repair, but which could be repaired and returned to the road.) as I have not had expierence of this sort of thing before and I am sure will affect any resale at a later date.

Anyway, I have always wanted an Itegrale and now I have one, I will enjoy it as much as I can this summer and tinker till my hearts content. I am not the sort of driver who can take this car to its limits but even the short time I have driven it has shown me it is an exceptional car, and considering its almost twenty years old, it can still make some modern "sports" cars look decidedly average.

SALAD

posted on 19/3/08 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds good John. You must be relieved you don't have to waste too much driving time with sorting rust out!
ned

posted on 19/3/08 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
i'd love one at some point but don't think i'll be able to afford to run enough cars!

especially as i'd prob want a 16v one!

congrats. i'm jealous.

Ned.

beware, I've got yellow skin

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 19/3/08 at 08:51 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest, being CatD would be the least worrying out of your bad points for me. Most people who'd buy a car like that would know it was nothing to worry about. Besides, you probably got it a bit cheaper because of it so you're not really losing out if you have to sell slightly below market value as well.
andybod

posted on 19/3/08 at 11:45 PM Reply With Quote
driven a couple of these and always fancied one go have some fun and don't forget everytime you wash it something will either break or fall off as for the paint code have a look around in the boot rear slam panel ,boot floor ,or tailgate enjoy
andrew.carwithen

posted on 20/3/08 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
I know on my Alfa 156 the paint code is on one side of the boot lid so, as already stated, yours being Italian, maybe your paint code is also in a similar position?
(Nice engine in your Avatar BTW, is it the 2.5, 3.0 or the bad boy 3.2?!!)

Johnmor

posted on 20/3/08 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Just the basic 12v 3.0l
But it sure makes the Viento move.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.