Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any central heating experts
roadrunner

posted on 21/3/08 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
Any central heating experts

Over the past week the heating in my house has gone mad, we have allways had the thermostat set at 18-19DEG , but this last week its been getting very warm in the house, if you turn the stat down you can here it click and turn off the boiler but this is down to 15DEG when the thermometer reads 19DEG, the thermostat seems to read wrong but still turns the boiler on and off, should i just replace the stat or is it something else, cheers Brad.

thegasmen

posted on 21/3/08 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
room stat

Hi Brad

Its likley that the room stat has gone out of calibration I would change it they dont cost a lot you can pick a new one up fom the plumbers merchant for around 14 quid

regards Mick

roadrunner

posted on 21/3/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
Just been looking at thermostats on the net, can get an LCD one for under £30, i thought it was but just needed to make sure before spending vital modification funds, thanks Mick.

Ferg

posted on 21/3/08 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
Three choices:

a. Buy new.
b. Re-calibrate (bear in mind they are rarely accurate to the marked scale anyway) normally an adjustment screw inside.
c. Just ignore the markings and turn it to the 'click' point when the room temperature is comfortable.
(followed by LoCost biro-ing on of the new temperature markings)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.