Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Quick release brake clevis pin?
eznfrank

posted on 24/3/08 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Quick release brake clevis pin?

Can anyone see any SVA related problems with using a quick release brake clevis? Some cheap on the Bay and whereas elsewhere want £8 postage for a £2 part?!? Just not sure if SVA man might not like it?
indykid

posted on 24/3/08 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
how 'quick release' is the quick release clevis you've found?

rally design do this one

it's the same as the one MK supplied me. tapped out to M8 and the pushrod is just a length of threaded rod with the end rounded over.
tom

eznfrank

posted on 24/3/08 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
It looks pretty secure to me, the pin has a clip that secures to the U shape bit, a bit like how a fuse locks into a plug although more secure. I've ordered one anyway so will have a good look when I get it. Looked at Rally Designs but they want £8.50 postage and that's the only part I want from them
indykid

posted on 24/3/08 at 11:49 PM Reply With Quote
why wouldn't it be the £1 plus cost of stamps postage they offer?

i'd be tempted to go with what you have. i'd maybe even drill the clevis pin and put a split pin through. no questions then.

tom

ghostrain

posted on 25/3/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Rally Design Carriage charges

Hi.....just to make matters clear about RD carriage charges....the default setting is £8.50 for that is how on line shops have to work(it is difficult for the computer to know the weight,size,value etc of any individual consignment).However the packers use commensense when packing and small/light parcels are normally charged at stamps plus £1.00-this is explained if you click carriage on the first page of the online shop).Because we cannot obtain POD these goods are sent at customers risk,hope this explains.
PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.