Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Megasquirt problems - Leicester ?
clairetoo

posted on 5/4/08 at 08:39 AM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt problems - Leicester ?

Hiya
I`ve got my V6 running on a megasquirt V3(ms1) and Edis , with bike throttlebodies and I`m getting some strange problems .
I had it started last night after spending the last couple of weeks making a bonnet bulge , and I have two worries - the water temp shows 127 degressC , and injector pulse width is showing 3.7 despite being set to 1.0 .
Neither of these was a problem before I left the engine to do other stuff , and I cant get any change to the temp readings with `easytherm`...........

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

zilspeed

posted on 5/4/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help, but that's just fantastic.

Mx3 V6 !
Mx3 V6 !

Well done indeed.

clairetoo

posted on 5/4/08 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks - and Hiya !
I seem to able to turn my hand to most things , but electrics and computers are the two things I really struggle with..........I got the megasquirt wired and working in a day , but behind the dash looks like an explosion at a wire factory.....

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

mark chandler

posted on 5/4/08 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mine went to pot, put in the boot link and started from scratch now okay.

Regards Mark

chriscook

posted on 5/4/08 at 12:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Have you tried disconnecting and/or shorting the temperature sender?

Injector pulsewidth is 3.7 when? Where have you got it set to 1?

Chris

(Must come and collect that IACV for Rachel's car soon)

clairetoo

posted on 5/4/08 at 03:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscook
Hi,

Have you tried disconnecting and/or shorting the temperature sender?

Injector pulsewidth is 3.7 when? Where have you got it set to 1?

Chris

(Must come and collect that IACV for Rachel's car soon)

I`ve tried disconnecting the sender - the reading drops to -47 , which has it running even richer .
I`ve set the injector pulsewidth in `basic settings` - and since theres nothing telling it to run rich (lambda not connected , coolant temp saying very hot.....) ?

I`ll go dig out that IACV now......damn I can be absent minded sometimes

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

chriscook

posted on 5/4/08 at 06:24 PM Reply With Quote
The fact the temp reading changes when you disconnect the sender suggests that the wires to it are still connected. If you can't update the sender calibration then sounds like something might have got corrupted....

Is it reqfuel that you've set to 1.0? If so that's just a number used in the calculation of what the injector pulsewidth is at any particular time.

I'm running ms2-extra2 and the pages in megatune change for different versions of firmware.

There's always the old favorite cause of wire electrical problems - dodgy earths? In runtime display what battery voltage does it read when the engine is running?

I couldn't connect to my LC1 wideband the other day due to a poor earth although it appeared to be working ok. The laptop just couldn't see it - fixed the connection and it was fine.

MikeR

posted on 6/4/08 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chriscook
The fact the temp reading changes when you disconnect the sender suggests that the wires to it are still connected. If you can't update the sender calibration then sounds like something might have got corrupted....

Haven't got my megasquirt yet - but i'd guess that if you disconnect it, the value will go to zero and what you're seeing is the min value the system can handle (ie what zero equates to).

(whilst i'm really slow at building cars, computers and associated electrickery i can just about manage - its all about keeping the smoke trapped in the wires)

chriscook

posted on 6/4/08 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
Exactly - the fact that it changes means that the sensor is not open circuit when it it connected.

Although some versions are clever in that they set the very extremes as normal (~21C) temperatures so if a sensor breaks it doesn't do anything too silly to the fueling.

127C could of course be the other extreme - hence manually shorting it to see what it does...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.