Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Need some lathe work doing?
ghetto_eddie

posted on 10/4/08 at 10:58 AM Reply With Quote
Need some lathe work doing?

Helooo everyone,

Due to my project work not as yet requiring my lathe, it is a little under-used as of late!
This is bugging me, as I know the less I use it, the more out of practice I become!

So an open offer, if you are in manchester or the surrounding area, need some lathe work doing, get in contact with me.

I am happy to either show you how to do what you want (simpler things) and then let you play with the machine or do simple machining for you!

The lathe is a gap-bed, so flywheels and small wheels (13" x roughly 6" MAX) I can do. But its on the old side so anything that needs super accuracy can go sledging!

Ime in Marple, SE Manchester. And am usually at my workshop friday afternoons and sunday (all day)...

Ime not after any money to show you how to use a lathe/do very simple work.. but within reason, leccy and tools cost! I'me not in the business of being taken advantage of either..bear this in mind!

I am also NOT looking to manufacture components. I have a full time job in the week, and i go to my workshop in my spare time!
i just want to help people LEARN in the same way i have been taught in the past!
(unless you are going to offer me £20ph + materials!... ime prepared to do it then!)

Edd

D Beddows

posted on 10/4/08 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
You could be just the job for a couple of things I need doing u2u sent!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.