Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: MK track day Bruntingthorpe 26/04/08
graememk

posted on 14/4/08 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
MK track day Bruntingthorpe 26/04/08

Bruntingthorpe track day 26/04/08

Just like last time MKs only and new customers looking to buy an MK are welcome, bring a lid and you should get a ride along.

contact Ken at MK sports cars to get on the list and for price i think it was £80 on the day last month. 01909 731187

JUD

posted on 14/4/08 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
I think there are probably a couple of other clubs that are going to be there as well:

http://www.tipec.net/news.php?news_id=35
http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?p=492920

Also I think the price is a little higher than before and the open pit is available all day. I could be wrong - which isn't unusual!!

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

whitestu

posted on 14/4/08 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Damn, I haven't finished the rebuild yet!

When's the next one after this?

Stu

bob tatt

posted on 14/4/08 at 05:31 PM Reply With Quote
whats the noise limit having some noise issues also what sort of money we on about. have to try get a pass from wifey first i can feel some diy coming on.
ignore the bit about the cost according to the porker web site its 98 static and 87 drive by no chance for the noise with me that cant be right can it.

[Edited on 14/4/08 by bob tatt]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 14/4/08 at 05:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JUD
I think there are probably a couple of other clubs that are going to be there as well:

http://www.tipec.net/news.php?news_id=35
http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?p=492920

Also I think the price is a little higher than before and the open pit is available all day. I could be wrong - which isn't unusual!!

Cheers

Martin

Yes your right Martin,it is a bit more money this time,due to it being all day on track,£100 is still very cheap though for a open pit lane track day,and again for those who have not been before,great track very fast,loads of run off.Just hope the weathers a bit kinder this time,here a video which shows the track layout,for those who have not seen it before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Erj37e25qwo

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 14/4/08 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob tatt
whats the noise limit having some noise issues also what sort of money we on about. have to try get a pass from wifey first i can feel some diy coming on.
ignore the bit about the cost according to the porker web site its 98 static and 87 drive by no chance for the noise with me that cant be right can it.

[Edited on 14/4/08 by bob tatt]

Yes Bob,noise is 98 static and 87 drive by,but the drive by meter is a long way from the track,if you pass the static then you should be ok for the drive by,MK took a few exhaust db killers with them,there were just a couple of BEC'S that were a bit noisey,which had to be fitted with them if I recall,so its not as bad as it appears

mad gaz
Builder

Posts 190
Registered 20/9/07
Location doncaster

Photo Archive Go!
Building: indy blade built indy spec r ,another indy r busa

posted on 14/4/08 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
porsche spanking it is then WOO HOO
bob tatt

posted on 14/4/08 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
still working on the noise as we speak fitted the longest can that will fit and going for an airbox induction got 118 at elvington everyone said it sounded awesome dint help me though any ideas how to make a fireblade any quiter.
Guinness

posted on 14/4/08 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
Bob, I was at the last Bruntingthorpe MK day.

When I passed SVA it was 100.9 dB and I can't imagine it's gotten any quieter since then!

For the last trackday I re-packed my can and fitted one of those Pipercross Airboxes.

When we got the briefing, the guy said "if we think your excessively loud when you are waiting to get on the track we might test you"

Which I took to be don't rev it / scream around the pits / blast away from the marshall onto the track.

He also said "the microphone is on that grey pole there, just as you come off the bottom corner onto the straight, so if you are worried about noise, hold back as you come out of that corner and don't open the taps until you are past the entry to the pit lane".

Sounded fair enough to me and I played out all day without a problem.

HTH

Mike

JUD

posted on 14/4/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Pat & Phil are pretty cool with the noise meter. My original MK can was "significantly" over the limit on the drive by - all I was told to do was take it a little easier past the meter on the start finish straight.

That can parted company with the car on turn 2 a little later in that session - was definitely too loud after that. The new large MK can I have now is fine on noise.

I have to say, turn 1 at Brunters is great - VMAX, slightly loose surface in places, aiming at a B747 painted in Asda colours. Can't go wrong!

I will make every attempt possible to get along to this one. It would be great to get as many MKs there as possible.

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

procomp

posted on 14/4/08 at 07:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hi it is definitely an open track day IE not restricted to just MK's as we are there with one or two cars also on that date.

cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyW

posted on 14/4/08 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I was talking to MK at Detling on saturday and they suggested to go along to the track day, ne and the mrs will hopefully be there as wont be long now til I order my indy kit. Just want to see a few of them being put through their paces and to try and finally decided bec or cec. I have convinced the mrs that bec is the way forward, hope she still agrees when she has seen them in the flesh!!!
JUD

posted on 23/4/08 at 08:20 PM Reply With Quote
So who is attending this?

I will be there so long as it isn't p1ss1ng down ---- I know, I know, fair-weather driver!

Spoke with Pat the other day - will be busy, there is a Porsche club attending and at least 10 MKs.

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

procomp

posted on 24/4/08 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Hi we will not be there as it looks like a very full entry list compared to the virtually open day it originally looked like .

So it's back to paying the fulll price for testing at cadwell and mallory.

Which means there should be another two spaces available now.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/4/08 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Thats a shame Matt,and I was so looking forward to meeting you
AndyW

posted on 24/4/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
so, as a prospective new customer, is it worth me coming along? saw MK at detling and they only had the chassis there and one customer car which looked great, would be nice to see a few more together and see what can be done. would love to be a passenger in one and see what its really like before i spend the cash. So, my question is as a nearly customer is it worth the trip up the road, and do I have to pay to get in??? any help or comments or advice welcome!!!
Jon Ison

posted on 24/4/08 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
I was hoping to attend but I'm off over the duck pond Sunday.

JUD

posted on 24/4/08 at 06:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
so, as a prospective new customer, is it worth me coming along? saw MK at detling and they only had the chassis there and one customer car which looked great, would be nice to see a few more together and see what can be done. would love to be a passenger in one and see what its really like before i spend the cash. So, my question is as a nearly customer is it worth the trip up the road, and do I have to pay to get in??? any help or comments or advice welcome!!!

Defo worth going - I think it is normal £5 for passenger status.

Will be more than happy to take you out for a run - look for the red and black car (eyes left). I am sure there will be a couple of CEC drivers there that you can blag a run out with as well.

Cheers

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

dhutch

posted on 25/4/08 at 12:06 AM Reply With Quote
Might pop down again maybe.
- I feel a bit cheaky coming down a second month running, and i have a stack load to do at home on the boat. However it was a cracking day last time and it might even be warming this weekend.

AndyW

posted on 25/4/08 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JUD
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW

Defo worth going - I think it is normal £5 for passenger status.

Will be more than happy to take you out for a run - look for the red and black car (eyes left). I am sure there will be a couple of CEC drivers there that you can blag a run out with as well.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the offer Martin, unfortunatley things have changed this week end and I cant make it Will there be another track day as the guy I spoke to at MK's detling stand said they would have a track day once a month. If thats the case will deffo come to the next one and if any one there with either cec or bec offers a ride I would be very happy.

Thanks again Martin!!

PAUL FISHER

posted on 25/4/08 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
Just spoke to MK ,there are around 12 cars booked on with them,mixture of car and bike engines,weathers looking good,so should be a nice day.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

eccsmk

posted on 25/4/08 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
i want to go but i cant get

PAUL FISHER

posted on 26/4/08 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
What another great day at bruntingthorpe,even better than last time weather perfect,even got my head sunburnt,again good to meet a few new locosters,and always good to catch up with some old faces too,we all had one goal,to smoke as many porsches as we could,which we all did in style,I am sure after there embarassment there will be a few of there cars in the Autotrader next week

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.