Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: 750mc racing Cadwell MAY 10-11
procomp

posted on 29/4/08 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
750mc racing Cadwell MAY 10-11

Hi just to let you know that the 750mc race at Cadwell park is on the 10th-11th MAY.

The weekends racing will have: 750 formula - 750 trophy - formula 4 - kit's - RGB - locost - hot hatch - MR 2's - golf's - SR & GT - production BMW - toyo tyres sallons.

As usual there will be a number of forum members racing in the various categories. So plenty of chances for cheering / wee taking .

Here is the LINK TO THE WEEKENDS TIME TABLE for the weekend's racing with the list of drivers ect and paddock parking plan so you know where to find forum members if you fancy telling them how they should have taken that corner .

Cheers Matt

[Edited on 30/4/08 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Davey D

posted on 29/4/08 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Is it free for spectators?

balidey

posted on 29/4/08 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davey D
Is it free for spectators?

I doubt it, but I was just about to ask how much it was to go and watch. I would love to come along.

TimC

posted on 29/4/08 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
It's normally between £5 and £8 if I remember rightly. If the weather's good, then I love it. Weather was pretty bloody cold at my two outings to Mallory and Combe last year. Always get lucky at Pembrey with gorgeous sunshine.

However, the competitors do get a number of passes and may have one spare if you ask nicely. My namesake Mr Hovered helped me out last year. Top man - great re-build diary too.

balidey

posted on 29/4/08 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Just checked on cadwells website.
Weekend tickets are £16, day tickets are £12 on the gate, £10 in advance. Under 12's free.

pumpers

posted on 29/4/08 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be there racing in Locost, car number 63. Come and say hello.

Sorry, no spare tickets, missus is a grimsby gal so her family will be in attendance.

Craig

Davey D

posted on 7/5/08 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Me n the Mrs will be coming down on the saturday. We live in Grimsby, so not far to go. Should be a good day if the weather stops like this. Taking a Picnic too hehe

Ill have a browse round the paddock and say hi to anyone i meet

procomp

posted on 8/5/08 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
Hi for those that want to track down forum members that will be racing here is a quick find reference.

Locost: GazzaP #44 - stevetzoid #39 - Rob Palin #47 - simes43 #43 - ernie #67 - Richd #25 - pointy #68 - pumpers #63 .

Kits: MawMaw #71 - andylancaster3000 #29 .

RGB: progers #7

I shall be parked up with Locosts #39- 4 - 53 -56 - 28 and kits # 71 - 23 -32.
I was due to be racing but not due to technical reasons ( not enough hours in the day to finish the car ).

For the MK owners there is an MKspecR racing in Kits Ian kempson #36.

I would imagine all driver will be happy to talk and show you round their cars ect. As long as it's not as they are due to get ready to race.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
C10CoryM

posted on 9/5/08 at 02:46 AM Reply With Quote
Anybody going to have an on-board camera?

Sorry to always bug you guys, but it's great racing and it's so damned hard to find good racing to watch. Especially here where there is barely any racing at all........ sigh.

Good Luck

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

progers

posted on 9/5/08 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
I will (hopefully) have my on board bullet cam working this weekend. I'll share the video as as I don't make an arse of myself

- Paul

RGB #7

[Edited on 9/5/08 by progers]

82 Locost

posted on 9/5/08 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
I'll also be there. In a Locost. Number 82.

If you're handy with a spanner I could probably use your help.......

dubstar_04

posted on 9/5/08 at 11:47 AM Reply With Quote
My dad and myself will be there tonight, tommorrow and maybe sunday. We will probably with Andy pointer most of the time however if you need any help my dad is pretty handy with ford parts, and i'm more than help where I can, so just come and give us a shout if you need a hand with anything!!

Cheers,

Dan

Rob Bartley

posted on 9/5/08 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Forum virgin/newbee here!!

Cadwell holds a special place in my heart. Had my 1st run in my brilliant LA Gold there & had my very 1st 750mc race there as well. Only did 4 races in total anyway.

It will be great to hopefully see some of you guys n galls over the course of the year as i intend to dust the ol'gal off & get back out for some trackdays & maybe a race. Not to sure about the racing bit though as regs have changed a bit.......mmmm have to see.

Hi to Matt & Ivan @ Procomp, hopefully see you soon chaps.

Cheers, Rob.

I WILL get out again!!

I have a little bit......need more......

simes43

posted on 9/5/08 at 03:28 PM Reply With Quote
I understand that at least 15 cars are testing today for this weekends race

Nice, stuck in the office and the trailers got a flat.

C10CoryM

posted on 10/5/08 at 02:48 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by progers
I'll share the video as as I don't make an arse of myself

Cool. Thanks Paul. Have fun.

"Our watchword evermore shall be: The Maple Leaf Forever!"

82 Locost

posted on 11/5/08 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
'Kin 'Ell

What a weekend! Just got back from a fully action-packed Locost extravaganza. Video on Youtube soon!
Andy D

posted on 11/5/08 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Was there on Saturday, supporting bro, Rich D. Really surprised to hear he did another two races on Sunday with that engine! It sounded as rough as a badgers rough bits!

A few pics from Saturday..

Rattling Rich..

procomp

posted on 12/5/08 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hi should also have some footage of the LOCOST race from Sundays final. will put it up in a day or so.

PROGERS. you only made one arse moment ( the missed gear change over the mountain But i dont think anyone saw it And i wont tell any one ) Looks like you had a good race.

Rob Bartley. long time no see. Get it out you will only be 10-15 horses down. have ago for donnington. I will U2U.

Well some very good racing over the weekend and some not so good driving by a few. And a bit of protesting the officials/results just to liven it all up as well. And a rare SUNNY weekend that is well over due. A stark contrast from the SNOW at lyden last month.

Results should be up in a day or two. On the new much quicker 750 website. I am sure there will be many links to the results around in a day or so. But Will definitely put a link here also.

Cheers Matt

now where's the after sun cream gone

[Edited on 12/5/08 by procomp]

GazzaP

posted on 12/5/08 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Matt

I have removed the cylinder head and found that the valve has gone straight through the piston! there is also a push rod that looks very much like a wobbly bannana! the reason i have found out of this is when i missed second gear on the restart on saturday i over revved it! i looked back through the data logger last night and i revved the crossflow to 11132 revs yes that 11 thousand revs! the good part is that it survived for 7 laps after it!

Gary

www.gmpmotorsport.co.uk

procomp

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Hi bloody hell Garry. You got desires to join the the RGB championship. If so usually a bike engine is best it WILL NOT work if trying to use a 1300gt .

Hope there is not too much associated damage. Give me a shout if theres any spares you need ect. But ime thinking you will have everything needed.

Cheers Matt

Ps apologies to 82 Locost. I appear to have completely overlooked you when mentioning those forum members racing. Your on the radar now.

progers

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Matt,

Sorry didn't get a chance to catch up with you at the weekend, was all a bit hectic with scrut, qualy and race all over by 2pm!

Had a so so race, got a shitty start (losing 2 places) and as you (kindly) noticed I got a bag of neutrals after the mountain and lost another. Managed to claw back a place but couldn't quite catch the two guys in front. Finished 6th. Came home in one piece though and another PB, so not all bad.

Sounds like the locosters had an eventful couple of races! How did the kits get on?

Cheers

Paul (no "d" in rogers )

procomp

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Paul (no "d" in rogers. It is a monday morning .

I have a good idea why you got the bag of nuetrals. I will U2U later.

No idea how Kits got on i am affraid i know we lost our brand new first turn of the wheel car in the allcomers race due to a bib spin on some idiots oil. and that Andy put a rod through the block and caught fire and one other lost an engine. Couldent stay to watch the race as we wanted to get out before the day tripers trafic got to bad on tghe way home ect.

Cheers Matt

procomp

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
Hi the REULTS are up already.

LOCOST LINK

KITS LINK

RGB LINK

Cheers Matt

progers

posted on 12/5/08 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

I have a good idea why you got the bag of nuetrals. I will U2U later.

I know why - its called driver error sometimes the connection between brain and limbs has a blip...

Paul

TimC

posted on 12/5/08 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
Derek Jones must e getting bored in RGB. Raw's products are doing rather well in both classes again! Also good to See Matthew Lewis progressing in his MNR.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.