Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Insurance for young-uns!?
oliwb

posted on 4/5/08 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
Insurance for young-uns!?

Got a mate who's looking to buy a Mini cooper but he's being quoted about £3k!! Anyone got any top tips on heap places to get insurance for 17 year olds.....Oli.

If your not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Griffo

posted on 4/5/08 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
tell him to get a quote from norwich union if he does pass plus, it was worth it for me

reduced my insurance by over 40%

one thing to note though its only valid for a year after completing it so the when renewal day comes around he could find it little expensive!

has he considered the possibility of different car that has less of a boy racer image

bassett

posted on 4/5/08 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Which mini is it? If its the old maybe a classic car policy, if its the BMW one its going to be expensive as they are BMW's and are expensive to repair making a big wedge of you premium. Try elephant though done me good on my GTI past 2 years and stick an adult on with no past accidents or points reduced mine by £300 about 30%!

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

omega 24 v6

posted on 4/5/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Hey Oli long time no see hows it going??
Best of luck to your mate cause we've been hunting for Douglas as well and the cheepest for a 1.1 or1.2 motor is aroun £1.5K
Mega pees you off cause girls are cheaper. I reckon a sex change plus insurance for a girl would be cheaper in the long run

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

Fatgadget

posted on 4/5/08 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
^^^Cunning plan! I wonder if somone has attempted to pull that one off for real?
need4speed

posted on 4/5/08 at 01:20 PM Reply With Quote
my lad just 17 on a provisional got ttft on a 1.25 Fiesta for just over £900 with Quinn direct. my older lad aslo got a good price from them.

Dave

blakep82

posted on 4/5/08 at 01:40 PM Reply With Quote
elephant were best for me. half the price of the quote from norwich union on my BMW

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

speedyxjs

posted on 4/5/08 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Tell him to put one of his parents on as a named driver. I still do this and keeps my insurance pretty cheap. Also i always found RAC good for me

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

blakep82

posted on 4/5/08 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Tell him to put one of his parents on as a named driver. I still do this and keeps my insurance pretty cheap. Also i always found RAC good for me

good call

better still, any female. mum, gf, whoever as second drive. i put my mum on as second drive and it bought my insurance down but another £100 or so

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.