Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Global Warming; It's all gone daft!
JAG

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Global Warming; It's all gone daft!

As you know; I'm a bit of a Global Warming sceptic but this made me smile a bit

See this HERE

quote:

The UN's food and agriculture organisation has decreed that livestock warms the planet more than transport.

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

clairetoo

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
And I bet its no help them having to drive the livestock half way around the country for slaughter

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

coozer

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Another load of poo to pile on the heap that is global warming... (pardon the pun)

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/5/08 at 12:58 PM Reply With Quote
Having lived next to cattle for over 12 years I can tell you that emissions from cows are definitely not 'silent', but sure are 'deadly'

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 8/5/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
So if we are no longer allowed to eat meat, or produce from said animals....what exactly are we suposed to eat?

There would not be enough other sources of protein to support the growing population...

Perhaps we should start eating these fecking vegan tree humping politicians!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/5/08 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
So if we are no longer allowed to eat meat, or produce from said animals....what exactly are we supposed to eat?!

We eat rice (produces little wind), cabbage is a no no and as for sprouts

Maybe it's time to build (out of renewable sources) a huge chimney into space. I envisage it supported by thousands on balloons, a plastic tube made from wheat starch. Then we move the animals into giant inflated domes and vent the dangerous gasses of the planet.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 8/5/08 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
I see there was a report from some quango today about the amount of food we buy and waste as landfill without consuming it and the amount of Methane it produces.Whats the next thing going to be another tax on food or the reintroduction of the bin tax that labour have made a fuss about not introducing?
Paul.

Paul TigerB6

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
So how long before the government slap a tax disc on farm animals based on methane output??

Come to think of it....... all these horse riders who use our roads and dont pay any road tax........maybe they should be coughing up to?? If cattle are more poluting than cars then it stands to reason that horses are too doesnt it?????? Seeing as road tax doesnt take into account the mileage our cars are doing, it stands to (my) reason that these poluting horses, even though doing very low mileage, should pay their fair share of tax too seeing as the government are justifying it as a green issue???

wilkingj

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
1. The World is just doing its thing ie Global Warming (and cooling at other times). Admittedly us humans are not helping.

On a geological timescale, MAN has been here for a stupidly short time, and will not make a BIG difference compared with the overall scale of things. We are but one grain of sand in a vast desert, called the "overall plan".

The Planet has been here for a looooong time, and has done all these changes before, over and over again.

Natural events like the Sulphur Dioxide Emissions from Kilauea volcano in Hawaii make industrial emissions look silly. no one seems to take this into account.

2. There are TOO MANY PEOPLE in the world.

Basically there is a PLAGUE of HUMANS infesting this green planet.

This is straining resources, and causing stress in people, namely more people in less space, causing rising prices etc etc etc etc.
THIS is a bigger problem. All Greedy B'Stards grabbing all and whatever they can to climb the greasy pole of life. (more murders, muggings, shooting, stabbings than ever before, certainly in my 55 years of life on this planet)

3. The World (Planet) will fight back and restore the ballance. ie Volcanic Erruptions, Tornado's, Sunami's. Its what the planet does. It looks after itself, and regulates nature.

The Global Warming crap shelled out by the Gov'ts is all about squeezng money from the populace to pay their (over the top) Wages and Pensions.

There I fell so much better now.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paul TigerB6
So how long before the government slap a tax disc on farm animals based on methane output??

Come to think of it....... all these horse riders who use our roads and dont pay any road tax........maybe they should be coughing up to?? If cattle are more poluting than cars then it stands to reason that horses are too doesnt it?????? Seeing as road tax doesnt take into account the mileage our cars are doing, it stands to (my) reason that these poluting horses, even though doing very low mileage, should pay their fair share of tax too seeing as the government are justifying it as a green issue???

Not to mention the wear of the roads with those metal shoes! plus all those vehicles slowing down and then speeding back up, all that extra pollution and they fart all the time!

Fatgadget

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
So if we are no longer allowed to eat meat, or produce from said animals....what exactly are we supposed to eat?!

We eat rice (produces little wind), cabbage is a no no and as for sprouts

Maybe it's time to build (out of renewable sources) a huge chimney into space. I envisage it supported by thousands on balloons, a plastic tube made from wheat starch. Then we move the animals into giant inflated domes and vent the dangerous gasses of the planet.

What will happen is the delicate ozone layer in space will collapse and the universe will implode,..End of the world.

Bitten hero

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi , As said it is all a load of rubbish the earth moves in cycles and all that is happening is so called experts are basing there whole working life earning on the back of it(there is serious money to be made investigating various impacts) our written evidence o whats hapening s only a mere dot in the timescales involved.
smart51

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
I'm sure its all true. Eat more chicken and less beef. Good health advice too.

As with all climate change stuff, its not about living like a hermit, it's about making informed choices. Live as you would do normally, but make informed choices about the details of what you do.

Buy an 2.0 estate rather than s 4.0 SUV
If you must have an SUV, buy the diesel.
spend money insulating your house rather than burning more fuel to heat it.
Better still, wear a jumper and turn the heating down a notch.
Eat more [carbon neutral] veg and less meat.
If you do eat meat, eat more chicken and less beef.

The belief in climate change as the cause of global warming is a political fact. The less stuff we do volanterily, the more likeley they will force us to do it. At least if we get to choose, we can choose what WE want rather than what THEY want.

coozer

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Maybe it's time to build (out of renewable sources) a huge chimney into space. .

I thought about a tube from the sea into space. That way the vacuum in space would suck all the rising sea level from 'global warming' into space... and beyond!

Problem solved. Now then back to that V12

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

82 Locost

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wilkingj
There are TOO MANY PEOPLE in the world.

Basically there is a PLAGUE of HUMANS infesting this green planet.

This is straining resources, and causing stress in people, namely more people in less space, causing rising prices etc etc etc etc.

There was a protest group in California that said that if all families only had one child, then the problems of the planet could be overcome. Instead we will allow people to have far far too many children and let them grow up on a planet with dwindling resources.

However, eventually we'll die out, but the planet will go on, and recover. We just won't be here to see it.

David Jenkins

posted on 8/5/08 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
I see there was a report from some quango today about the amount of food we buy and waste as landfill without consuming it and the amount of Methane it produces.

I get very annoyed when the news reporters say "We all waste food that ends up in the land-fill, etc"

We hardly waste any food in our house - mostly because we buy only sufficient ingredients for what we plan to cook, and make only what we are likely to eat. We rarely buy ready-made food of any sort, apart from sausages (made by our friendly local butcher) and fish fingers.

Any vegetable waste goes on the compost bin, together with paper from the shredder, grass clippings, whatever.

As a result our grocery bill is still reasonably modest.

<end preach mode>

coozer

posted on 8/5/08 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
I'm with David here, cuttings, waste veggie bits, bog roll centres, egg boxes all go in the compost bin.

The little bit cooked food that gets left over from meals goes in the dog. I drive a diesel, run it on veg oil and have a garage full of bits of cars and bikes and at the last count 6 engines not running so that must be saving something?

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/5/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by smart51
I'm sure its all true. Eat more chicken and less beef. Good health advice too.
If you do eat meat, eat more chicken and less beef.

Hmm I don’t know chickens are very smelly, I think their poop must be emitting a lot of gas. Perhaps its time that mankind takes a stand against these animal kingdom global menaces, at least in an effort to offset our own effects and help same the planet.

Large animals like whales, elephants or anything bigger than a dog must surely be harming the environment due to their flatulent emissions and in view of the impending calamity be sacrificed as food for people. Whale and seal blubber I’m sure would be a great source of fuel so they should be regularly culled rather than exterminated completely, the meal alone could feed the world and be much more efficient than herds of cattle. Polar bear fur is an incredibly effective insulator and could be used for home insulation, think how much energy is used to make glass wool. Seal hide would be a good replacement for the leather used in shoes and car interiors so again replacing the grass chomping fart machines plus other products like soap and fuel can be made from them.

Can’t think of a use for elephants so they’ll just have to go, as once culled their tusks should supply the dentures industry for millennia.

I think I should run for election with such winning policies, I’m sure to become the next PM

Paul TigerB6

posted on 8/5/08 at 03:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
I think I should run for election with such winning policies, I’m sure to become the next PM

If you are going to do any good you've got to think a whole lot bigger than being PM - after all our PM has just been a puppet on the right hand of the American president for years and we've all seen what the US does for our environment - trading carbon emmissions with the 3rd world so their manufacturing industry can continue churning out the polution (sorry to our American friends here but its true!!)

Mr Whippy - Ruler of the World - now then you might get somewhere!!

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/5/08 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
don't worry I'm nearly finished my (locost) rocket ship with a big pointy spike on the front which I plan to crash land through the Whitehouse window.

oh oh hope the FBI aren’t reading this, they could thwart my plans!

David Jenkins

posted on 8/5/08 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I'm with David here, cuttings, waste veggie bits, bog roll centres, egg boxes all go in the compost bin.

Our bog roll centres go to the gerbil, for chewing practice.

russbost

posted on 8/5/08 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
One thing you never hear mentioned in global warming debates is that by 2050 (on current projections) the global population will have doubled - every single one will cause carbon emissions whether by burning wood, coal, gas or dung, they will (nearly) all eat meat etc etc the emissions from cars (which by then will all be parked nose to tail & gridlocked) will be completely negligible by comparison.
Another worrying thing is that (very generally) the dumber end of the population breeds faster (happy 30th burthday grannie chav!) hence the population as a whole will get (even) more stupid - yes I know that doesn't seem possible but it's true!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Paul TigerB6

posted on 8/5/08 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Another worrying thing is that (very generally) the dumber end of the population breeds faster (happy 30th burthday grannie chav!) hence the population as a whole will get (even) more stupid - yes I know that doesn't seem possible but it's true!

Harsh but fair...... so very fair that comment. So you've been to Flint in North Wales then mate????

twybrow

posted on 8/5/08 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
One thing you never hear mentioned in global warming debates is that by 2050 (on current projections) the global population will have doubled - every single one will cause carbon emissions whether by burning wood, coal, gas or dung, they will (nearly) all eat meat etc etc the emissions from cars (which by then will all be parked nose to tail & gridlocked) will be completely negligible by comparison.

You got to remember, the concern with fossil fuels is the release of stored carbon (dioxide). Burning wood or dung (assuming the vegetable matter is replaced) is carbon neutral - ie the plant takes in carbon during its life, we burn it and it releases that carbon. Fossil fuels are an issue, as the carbon is 'extra'.

Mr Whippy - surely elephant hide must be useful? Just think how robust your new PM wallet could be... Or those new shiny grey shoes. And the tail would make a great bathroom light pull cord....
How about you just put them to work. Remove JCBs and replace with Nelly et al. Come on - think outside the box here!

MikeRJ

posted on 9/5/08 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

I honestly think that this will be serious problem in the future, hundreds of thousands of people who barely have the mental capacity to bash two rocks together. There's already quite a large number of them around.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.