Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Any Riot or Striker owners?
Triton

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
Any Riot or Striker owners?

I had lots of folk asking At Stoneleigh will my seats fit the creations of Jeremy Phillips but without any firm measurements or better still a car near me in Cornwall I'm kinda aiming into the wind a bit..
Thought about contacting the man direct but if anyone on here has a Riot, Striker or a Fury and could take as many measurements as possible it would let me weigh up the pros and cons etc.

Cheers,
Mark

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
grub

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
i know that a mk seat wont fit into a striker thats for certain
Triton

posted on 8/5/08 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers mine as they are don't either but I'm prepared to make one that does

Mark

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Mines a Fury. I'll have measure tommorow (if I remember). I got my seats from e-bay but they look like the MK ones. Drivers side one only just fits.

adrian

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
There are 2 R1ot's at most of the Cornish Sprints, though not at the St. Eval this weekend. However, if you need measurements in a hurry then car No.14 (Roadgoing R1 R1ot) is at the Llandow Sprint on Saturday, I'm sure it's owner wouldn't mind you taking a tape measure to it.
They may turn up for the next St. Eval on the 25th, you never know.
By the way, if you've got a plug for anything snug and Tillett B4 esque, then I'd love a look (Westfield)

Triton

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by motorcycle_mayhem
There are 2 R1ot's at most of the Cornish Sprints, though not at the St. Eval this weekend. However, if you need measurements in a hurry then car No.14 (Roadgoing R1 R1ot) is at the Llandow Sprint on Saturday, I'm sure it's owner wouldn't mind you taking a tape measure to it.
They may turn up for the next St. Eval on the 25th, you never know.
By the way, if you've got a plug for anything snug and Tillett B4 esque, then I'd love a look (Westfield)

Cheers for that, I remember seeing one at Launceston hill climb last year but not sure if the fella was from down here.
Yep got a seat along the lines of the B4 oh and it fits the early westy too...

Cheers,
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

Triton

posted on 8/5/08 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adithorp
Mines a Fury. I'll have measure tommorow (if I remember). I got my seats from e-bay but they look like the MK ones. Drivers side one only just fits.

adrian

Okey doke cheers.
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

short track 123

posted on 9/5/08 at 04:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hello Mark

I have some dimensions for the R1ot for you.

If you Email (link @ bottom of post ) me i can send you a PDF sketch.

If you are going to make some seats i would also be interested in having some.

If you need more info just let me know.

Regards

Jason

[Edited on 9/5/08 by short track 123]

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
lsdweb

posted on 9/5/08 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

is at the Llandow Sprint on Saturday, I'm sure it's owner wouldn't mind you taking a tape measure to it.

Llandow's not exactly near Cornwall!!

Flat Pack

posted on 9/5/08 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
I'm desperately looking for some seats for my Striker too.

I know it's narrower than a Fury, but I'm not sure about the R1ot. I can measure the cockpit over the weekend if you still need more info!

Triton

posted on 9/5/08 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lsdweb
quote:

is at the Llandow Sprint on Saturday, I'm sure it's owner wouldn't mind you taking a tape measure to it.

Llandow's not exactly near Cornwall!!

Cardiff is maybe 220 miles away for me..
I grew up In Bridgend and used to cycle to Llandow to watch the banger racing and the loons wheeling bikes in late 70's....makes me feel old!!!

Striker dimensions welcome as will be able to compare them with the Riot etc.

Cheers,
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

MikeRJ

posted on 9/5/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
If I have a chance this w/e I'll whip out the tape measure and get you some dimensions for the Striker. It's pretty small, though Intatrim Odyssey's squeeze in ok.
Triton

posted on 9/5/08 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
If I have a chance this w/e I'll whip out the tape measure and get you some dimensions for the Striker. It's pretty small, though Intatrim Odyssey's squeeze in ok.

Cheers medears

Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

MikeRJ

posted on 11/5/08 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
The Strikers seating area is very oddly shaped! The sides taper in, but the tunnel tapers out (as you can see in my avatar) and passenger and drivers sides are different sizes.

The widths at floor height at the rear of the cockpit are:

Driver: 385mm
Passenger: 430mm

The widths at a point 600mm in front of this, at floor height are:

Driver: 320mm
Passenger: 325mm

The widths at the level of the top of the tunnel are different, since the sides of the tunnel also taper from top to bottom.

At the rear of the car the widths at the top of tunnel height are:

Drivers: 430mm
Passenger 455mm

At a point 600mm forward of this the widths are:

Drivers: 380mm
Passenger: 345mm

The rear bulkhead tilts back at roughly 20 degrees from vertical.

I hope this makes sense, if not I'll try to knock up a drawing when I get my main PC up and running (using a laptop touchpad to do CAD with is a PITA).

Mine is a Mk2 Sylva Striker, I don't know if the Raw Striker is substantialy different or not.

[Edited on 11/5/08 by MikeRJ]

Triton

posted on 12/5/08 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey those things are small. I will measure up and see what can be done as had quite a few R1OT and Striker folk asking for seats.

Cheers,
Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

MikeRJ

posted on 12/5/08 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Blimey those things are small.

Don't i know it, I think I need to lose about 2 stone before I can fit it comfortably!

Triton

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
Blimey those things are small.

Don't i know it, I think I need to lose about 2 stone before I can fit it comfortably!

I poked my beak in a R1ot at the show and wondered how anyone bigger than me fits in..seemed to taper quite a lot?...cracking car though and well suited to mad lanes down here...

Mark

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.