Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Laugh out loud!!!! One cure for clamping...
BenB

posted on 12/5/08 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
Laugh out loud!!!! One cure for clamping...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7395452.stm
graememk

posted on 12/5/08 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
couldnt he of just cut one wheel off ?

theconrodkid

posted on 12/5/08 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
or do us all a favour and cut the clamper in half

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

Blakey_boy

posted on 12/5/08 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
To be honest and I don't care who is watching and reading but I was clamped at 1030 on a monday morning approx 10 mins after i left the car to get the tax on my Galaxy after purchasing it on the previous Saturday at 1530 in the afternoon.

All the officious stupid idiotic B$£"H could say to me on the phone was that it was an untaxed vehicle on the road and should be taxed therefore we (NCP again) will clamp it even though it should have been parked on a driveway or on private land before getting tax on the vehicle. PLUS why didnt I get the tax when Purchasing the vehicle. Where does one get road tax on Saturday afternoon?.

I live in a street of terraced houses and no garages anywhere?. How stupid and thick must she be.

Needless to say after appealing the A$%£$£*E at their head office said exactly the same. But justification is on its way as I have reported the tactics of the Clamping officer (in the loosest terms) to the DVLA on his actions in that he saw me at my vehicle and did not approach me to ask about the vehicle in any way.

I will probably get nowhere in getting my £80 back. Even though I have witnesses to the problem and their evidence in writing.

I am sorry if I go on a bit but this thing makes my blood boil when road pirates and theives such as NCP take money by legalised theft off unsuspecting people who try to obey the law and the rear end wipes that come into this country and get away with this and us law abiders get punished.

[Edited on 12/5/08 by Blakey_boy]

Gene Hunt:- If anything happens to that car, I'm coming round your house and stomping on your toys, Understand?

mookaloid

posted on 12/5/08 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
It won't help him as he still has to pay the fine

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

graememk

posted on 12/5/08 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
i've always wanted to clamp a clampers van just for a laugh

mistergrumpy

posted on 12/5/08 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Where does one get road tax on Saturday afternoon?.

The Post Office or online. The DVLA at our place won't lift your car unless its at least 28 days out and not at all if it is taxed despite not displaying it. I may not be entirely right but I seem to remember reading an insurance schedule that also says that if the vehicle is not fully MOT'd and fully taxed then the policy is invalid.

Guinness

posted on 12/5/08 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
The DVLA, or their "sub-contractors" have a habit of working early Sunday morning round our way. They have a transit van with ANPR cameras on it, which drives up and down the streets. Soon as the computer tells them they have a hit, they clamp it.

Regularly see a handful of cars clamped on my way to work on Monday morning.

Mike

Simon

posted on 13/5/08 at 12:09 AM Reply With Quote
What he should have done, was called a scrappy and told him to come and collect the car (with a hyab)

See how quickly the donkey would have removed his clamp then!

ATB

Simon

mcerd1

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
It seems a bit harsh to clamp it, but its only what I'd expect when this kind of work is contracted out to the private sector

but then south of the border you've also got wheel clamping on private land, which is "illegal in Scotland on the grounds that it constitutes extortion and theft"

I remeber something about someone down south getting a fine for having 2 wheels on the edge of a private parking area while they where stopped for a few minutes at a pick up point in a station carpark
they where spotted by a camera, but wern't there long enough to get clamped, so they got a fine in the post

[Edited on 13/5/08 by mcerd1]

BenB

posted on 13/5/08 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Wot really annoyed me is when I got a parking ticket for "having a wheel up on the kerb", the fact that on some roads round here you have to park up the kerb to leave enough road for cars to go down is largely ignored.....

Apparantly in the whole of Greater London if you park with a wheel on the kerb you're up for a ticket (unless there's a sign saying that it's okay to do so)....

mcerd1

posted on 13/5/08 at 11:45 AM Reply With Quote
a few years ago a woman down the road got done for not parking parallel to the kerb / facing the wrong way in a one way street (or something to that effect anyway)

she'd reversed her smart into the space

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.