Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pug 106 for sale
trogdor

posted on 21/5/08 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Pug 106 for sale

Hi,

Am hoping someone will be interested in this, my 106 mardi gras.

It has just failed its mot on:

nearside headlamp too high and to the right
near and off side rear front suspension bushes
nearside outer CV joint gaitor split
nearside rear tyre has a bulge.
rear exhaust blowing

So to pass it will need a new tyre, suspension bushes and a CV joint gaitor the exhaust is covered by a kwikfit garantee.

However the nearside CV joint is knocking quite badly and will need replacing.

The advisories are slight chassis corrosion and offside CV gaitor deteriorated and the front brakes on both sides judder slightly.
Slight Oil leak from engine
Other than that its fine.

I want to get rid of the car as we will be getting a van at work that i can drive and have spent quite alot on it already, more than what it is worth.

so the good bits,

New rear brake shoes on both sides and new brake cylinder on the drivers side.

Head Gasket has been done about 3000 miles ago.

New hoses in cooling system, new fan switch.

New rear exhaust

Paint work is not good, is a metallic laquer and it is peeling. the paint itself is fine and there are no major dents or scratches.

Oh one wheel trim is missing and the speedo doesn't work but have wired in an road angel to tell you the speed plus it has a speed camera database and laser detection.

Have had this car since oct and it has never failed to start and is really nippy and fun to drive plus it is so simple. Would be ideal for a first car or one of those bangor rallies.

If no one is interested i will be weighing it in.

Ps it is a 1.1 litre SPI 4 speed model

Am looking for about £100 cheers

Edited to add that i can also provide a haynes book of lies and a new cambelt with the car

[Edited on 21/5/08 by trogdor]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

nige

posted on 21/5/08 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
fill the boot full of wet sand and weight it
in scrap price is mega high

when you start this journey
you think it will be done in " no " time but then " no " turns into a " bloody " long time

trogdor

posted on 21/5/08 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
well i suspect that is what i will end up doing. I was just posting to see if anyone wanted it. I know a 106 was sold on here recently for a banger rally to italy. It was better than mine i think tho.

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 21/5/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Yep its famous and it attracts females a plenty where ever we park it heres the proof
mcerd1

posted on 21/5/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
if anyone does want to sort it here's my top tips for 106 + Saxo's:
[:insert standard disclamer here: - these are just my opinions/ tips/..............no liability etc ]

you get exchange recon driveshafts for ~£40 each

the front suspensions rear bushes are a total PITA to change, and cheap ones last no time at all so:
- take the wole arm off to change them (do the ball joints at the same time)
-get real Pug/Citroen bushes
-fit them to the arms at the angle they will sit at with weight on the wheels (this will make them a little harder to refit the arms)

make sure you get new/spare dust caps for the rear hubs before you try to take them off (half the time you destroy them if your not really careful)

if you've got the same rear brakes as mine (3 stud wheels, bendix type with the little ratcket adjusters) then the adjustment can slip
-so strip them right down
-clean all the leavers individualy (don't forget how to put them back to gether )
-then re-assemble with new shoes, making sure the levers pivots are free enough to move but allow a little resistance
-use just enough hi temp. expander grease on the pivots/ levers (too much just attracts the dust)
-put some thread lock on the ratchet teeth

if you have the front brakes that use pins to hold the pads in place, then these are a total PITA to knock the old pins out so what I do is:
-use a lever {screwdriver} between the pad and caliper to push the piston back (remember the fluid level ! )
-cut the wire anti-rattle spring in the middle and pull out the 2 bits (there is normally a new one in the fitting kit)
-chop the pins in 2 places each with bolt cutters as near to the right and left of each pin as you can get (new pins in the fitting kit)
-you should then be able to pull out the middle bit of the pins (probably with 1 or both pads attached)
-it should now be easy to just tap out the 4 leftover bits of pin (you need a very small puntch for one end - which it how they are ment to come out)

quote:
Originally posted by trogdor
I know a 106 was sold on here recently for a banger rally to italy. It was better than mine i think tho.

dosen't sound that much worse than mine, I just did more work to mine

[Edited on 21/5/08 by mcerd1]

mcerd1

posted on 21/5/08 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
Yep its famous and it attracts females a plenty where ever we park it heres the proof

Trust me, it'll be the first time that its ever be accused of that

did you manage to get the brakes sorted / was it just the pad wear indicators ?

my brothers trying to sort his saxo at the moment (same brakes/ engine/ wheels......) he's spent at least 4 hours swearing at it and tring to get the adjustment right

[Edited on 21/5/08 by mcerd1]

trogdor

posted on 21/5/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
I lost a weekend of my life sorting the back brakes, they work fine, along with the handbrake. Will just be the front brakes that need sorting and they work ok, is just when you brake from 70 to 50 in a rush they judder a lot.

mcerd1

posted on 21/5/08 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trogdor
is just when you brake from 70 to 50 in a rush they judder a lot.

slight warp in the discs maybe???

trogdor

posted on 21/5/08 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
thats what i would imagine it to be so new disks and pads should sort it.

Brand New driveshafts can be had for £56, as i was looking to replace the driveshaft myself.

Duncan_P

posted on 21/5/08 at 05:24 PM Reply With Quote
Shame your up in Warrington, as i would probably have taken it but its too far away really
trogdor

posted on 22/5/08 at 08:23 AM Reply With Quote
Tis abit far, anyone else interested? will be getting rid of it in a week or so. Hopefully someone will want it before then

wax-it

posted on 25/5/08 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
This still for sale?

(you have u2u)

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.